Chapter 8: Paint the Town Red!

Last time Aiden went to the Cathedral to discuss things with Double and gained two more allies in the form of Ms. Fortune and Valentine! Now he's continuing the search for Marie's best friend Patricia.

Night has fallen over New Meridian as Aiden walked through the streets in search of Patricia. "Trying to find a single little girl in a city this big is like trying to find a needle in a haystack." Aiden grumbled as he continued to walk down the street in search of the young orange haired girl. "Kid are you sure we shouldn't call it a day?" Nekros said as the eyes on the skull glowed blue. "Not yet Nekros, I'm sure we'll at least be able to get some type of lead on Patricia." Aiden said with determination present in his tone as he continued to walk.
Aiden heard an explosion go off as he saw that a night club down the street had its windows exploded outwards into shards of glass. "Well it looks like a party is certainly going down!" Aiden said as he ran towards the smoking building. Goons ran out of the building or were tossed out by whoever decided to attack the night club. When Aiden got to the front of the night club he saw a girl who looked to be about Marie's age. The girl had short orange hair, empty eye sockets, mechanical arms with large eyes going down them, a red dress and matching top hat.

 The girl had short orange hair, empty eye sockets, mechanical arms with large eyes going down them, a red dress and matching top hat

              Aiden looked around the club to see that all the goons were completely knocked out and bleeding. "Gotta admit you made quick work of these guys." Aiden said as the girl turned to face him with a smile that showed off her sharp metal teeth. "These maroons? Please slick, as if they could tussle with me!" The girl said as she pulled out a cigar before taking a quick drag from it before the smoke shot out of her nose. "Aiden Matthews, got a name little lady?" Aiden said as he introduced himself to the strange girl. "The names Peacock! I'm the roughest, toughest anti-skull girl weapon around!" Peacock said proudly as Aiden felt his muscles tense slightly.
Peacock walked up to him and looked him in the eyes and froze when she saw his left eye being red with a skull shaped pupil. "Wait a dang minute! The doc told me the only people who have red eyes with a little skull is the Skullgirl! So it's decided to give a boy a shot?" Peacock said as he smile quickly turned into a rather nasty frown. "Listen, I'm not planning on destroying anything, I'm just here to take care of the Medici's stranglehold on this city." Aiden said as he tried to reason with enraged girl. "Shut up you palooka! The sooner I destroy you, the sooner I can find Marie!" Peacock shouted as Aiden's eyes widened in surprise at her words.
"Wait are you by any chance" Aiden didn't get to finish his sentence as Peacock stomped her feet on the ground, which caused a floorboard to fly up. Aiden jumped backwards out of the way before standing opposite from Peacock. "Showtime!" A voice shouted as Peacock charged towards Aiden as he drew Nekros. Peacock pulled out a bat that grew spikes as she swung it at him.

 Peacock pulled out a bat that grew spikes as she swung it at him