Chapter 9: Undead Opera!

Last time Aiden encountered Peacock and had to Duke it out with cartoon loving Anti-Skullgirl weapon! Now he's returning home with Peacock to reunite her with Marie! Although something else could happen as well.

Aiden was currently walking down the hallway towards his apartment as Peacock followed right behind him. "Marie, Carol I'm home!" Aiden called out as Marie entered the living room and smiled at Aiden until she dropped the broom she was holding at the sight of Peacock. "P-Patricia?! Is that really you?!" Marie said in disbelief as she stared at her best friend in disbelief. "Heya Marie! Your lookin pretty good all things considered! Can't say I've held up as well!" Peacock said with a chuckle before Marie tackled her into a bone crushing hug as she cried.
                   Aiden smiled at the sight of the two friends finally reuniting after being separated for so long. Aiden then noticed that Carol was standing there as she was also smiling at the sight. Aiden approached Carol as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Carol, I need to talk to you in private. Let's give these two some privacy." Aiden suggested as Carol nodded before the walked to Carol's bedroom before closing the door behind them. "So what did you wanna talk to me about?" Carol asked as she gave Aiden a curious look. "Alright, but promise you'll remain calm." Aiden said as Carol gave him a confused look.
                Aiden explained his encounter with Valentine, the fight and how she now works for him. "You trusted that bitch of a nurse?!" Carol shouted as she was very obviously enraged at the news. "Carol please calm down, I know she wronged you, but she promised to help you. Plus if she tries to stab us in the back, the mark will kill her, so please trust me." Aiden said calmly as he hoped Carol would settle down even just a little bit. Carol was still fuming, but slowly began to calm down. "Alright, I'll tolerate her, but only because I trust you Aiden!" Carol said as she seemed to have relaxed at this point.
                Aiden smiled as he pulled Carol into a gentle hug. "Thanks Carol, I promise everything will turn out fine." Aiden promised as he still held the girl. "I almost forgot, that Nun lady, I think she called herself Double? She said she wanted you to stop by the Cathedral and talk to her." Carol said as she looked him in the eye. "Really? What did she need?" Aiden asked as he looked at Carol for any kind of answer. "She didn't go into detail, but it sounded like it was rather important." Carol explained as Aiden nodded his head in understanding. "Alright, I'll be off, keep things in order around here will you?" Aiden said as Carol laughed before he exited the room.

At the Cathedral
Aiden entered the Cathedral as he looked around for Double. "Double are you in here?" Aiden asked as he looked around for the Nun in question. "Hello Skullboy, thank you for coming." Double said as she appeared from one of the hallways leading to another part of the Cathedral. "It's no trouble, but what did you need from me?" Aiden asked as he looked at the Nun with a questioning look. "The Skullheart's power grants you many abilities, one being able to summon undead minions. I was hoping to help you practice particular skill." Double said as she smiled at Aiden as her red eyes opened.
              Aiden cocked his head to the side as he was surprised this was an ability he had. "Alright it would be better if I learned more about these new powers I have." Aiden said as Double smiled once again. "Thank you Skullboy, serving you is my sworn duty as a servant to the Trinity." Double said as she led Aiden to the back field of the Cathedral where she stood on the sidelines. "Okay so what do I do Double?" Aiden asked as he looked over at the Nun. "Focus on calling upon the deceased to do your bidding. It's similar to how you summon bones from your body." Double explained as Aiden nodded.
                Aiden focused as he tried to summon a dead minion. Suddenly a loud crashing sound was heard as what appeared to be a coffin of all things. "Did I bring this here?" Aiden asked as he looked to Double for confirmation. "It would appear so Skullboy." Double said before the lid to the coffin fell to the ground as it revealed a girl. The girl had her mouth stitched shut, and had what appeared to be a snake in her head. The girl opened her eyes before walking out of the coffin.