Chapter 5:A Broken Soul

Alright so last time Aiden sent a message to the Medici letting them know he was in town and coming for them! He also met a certain girl that fights with her hair. What could possibly await Aiden today?
Aiden was shook awake by Marie as he slowly pulled himself out of bed and shakily stood up and got dressed. "Aiden are you okay? You look like you didn't sleep at all last night!" Marie said with her voice laced with worry as she looked at the boy with a worried expression. "Yeah I'm fine Marie, just had a hard time falling asleep is all." Aiden said in a reassuring tone as he tried to calm the young girl down. "Okay, but don't push yourself okay?" Marie said still concerned about his well being as she walked out of the room. "That was close! I'm probably gonna have to tell her the truth sooner or later." Aiden thought to himself as he put his fedora on his head and exited the room.
Aiden decided to wonder around town in order to see if he could find anymore info on the Medici. "This could be harder then I thought. These Medici are a lot sneakier then I thought!" Aiden said to himself as he continued to walk through the streets of New Meridian while deep in thought. "Kid don't work yourself to death on this. We know about their little storage unit at the docks. That should be enough for now." Nekros said as the Sword Cane tried to calm his partner down. "Yeah your probably right Nekros, but still those bastards have hurt to many people! Someone has to put them in their place!" Aiden growled darkly as he tightened his grip on Nekros.
Aiden continued his walk, but his thoughts were soon interrupted by someone screaming and running in terror. "Whoa buddy! What's got you in a panic friend?" Aiden says as he stops the man from running him over. "A monster! It's been wreaking havoc through town!" The man said in a panic as he looked over his shoulder in fear. "Go get to a safe place sir, I'll handle this monster." Aiden said as he walked down the path the man had come from. "Kid are you sure about this? We might be going into something out of our league here." Nekros said as Aiden could sense the worry in his voice.
                  Before Aiden could respond to his partner a loud roar of anger and pain caught his attention. Standing there was a girl in a a rag that was a sorry excuse for a dress with what appeared to be nails sticking out of her body. Although the most interesting feature she had was this giant bladed wheel that was on her back. "You....you dare face me?!" The girl screeched from behind her stitched on mask. "Excuse me miss, but have you seen a monster around here?" Aiden asked as both the girl and Nekros looked at him in disbelief. "Kid are you goddamned kidding me?!" Nekros said in an annoyed tone as he gave his partner a verbal glare.
                  "I am Painwheel! The monster looking for is right in front of you!" Painwheel shouted in rage as her wheel spun behind her. "Oh come now, you don't seem like a monster, your appearance is definitely unique, but that doesn't making you a monster." Aiden said as he smiled at Painwheel who faltered a bit under his friendly demeanor. "S-Shut up! I'll just have to rip you limb from limb to prove my point!" Painwheel shouted as she got into a fighting stance. "Oh dear I suppose talking over a cup of coffee is out of the question then?" Aiden said as sunk into his own fighting stance.
            "Showtime!" A voice shouted as Painwheel rushed Aiden before sending her bladed wheel spinning towards him. Aiden jumped up into the air as he pulled out Lucky Seven and shot a few rounds into Painwheel. Painwheel was sent skidding backwards from the force of the bullets before jumping into the air and stabbing Aiden with large needles that shot from her arm. Painwheel slammed Aiden into the ground as had her wheel hover over his face. "Any last words?" Painwheel asked as she got ready to strike. "A few actually Devil's Inferno!" Aiden shouted as his body ignited into blue flames.
           Painwheel screeched in pain as she jumped off of Aiden as he stood back up and dusted himself off. Aiden's wounds closed up as Nekros's blade was encased in blue flames and his shoulders and feet also were blazing with the blue fire. Aiden dashed forward and slashed Painwheel across the chest before slashing her into the air. Aiden then pulled out Lucky Seven and fanned the hammer as he unloaded all six shots into her before she hit the ground. Painwheel once again roared in anger and pain before bending backwards and shooting out a large needle from each of her limbs.
"Death Crawl!" Painwheel shouted as she walked all over Aiden with her needles before jumping away. Aiden shakily got back on his feet as he tried to gather his thoughts before Painwheel's next attack. Aiden once again felt that strange sensation from his heart as he felt something coming on. A spinal cord shot out of Aiden's back as the end floated over his head. At the end of the spine a dragon skull formed that flowed with blue fire from it's eye sockets and mouth.

"Kid what the hell is that?!" Nekros shouts as he looked at bone monster that was connected to his Partner's back

                  "Don't know Nekros, but if I had to guess I'd say this is another new power that I've unlocked." Aiden said as Painwheel looked slightly afraid of Aiden's new power. "Well Painwheel please accept my apology for what I'm about to do next." Aiden said as he pointed Nekros at her. "Dragon's Twister!" Aiden shouted as the Dragon Skull shot out twister of blue flames that completely destroyed Painwheel. Aiden looked at Painwheel's collapsed form before taking off his hat and pulling out his deck of cards. Aiden pulled out a Joker card and threw it onto Painwheel's mask.
"Sorry, but you were a fool to challenge me." Aiden said as he tipped his fedora to her before crouching down next to her. "Kill me." Painwheel said as Aiden dispelled his blue flames and the dragon skull retracted into his body. "Why would I do that?" Aiden asked her in confusion. "I was turned into this thing! This monster! My own parents pointed a gun at me and told me to get the hell out! All because of that bastard Brain Drain!" Painwheel wailed begins her mask as Aiden grabbed her mask and tore it off, stitches and all revealing her face.

 "I was turned into this thing! This monster! My own parents pointed a gun at me and told me to get the hell out! All because of that bastard Brain Drain!" Painwheel wailed begins her mask as Aiden grabbed her mask and tore it off, stitches and al...

"Your not a monster." Aiden said as he looked her in the eye. "H-How d-do you know?" Painwheel said as she continued to cry. "Simple, monsters don't cry. Your just an innocent girl that was dealt a bad hand by life. So why don't you tell me your real name Painwheel?" Aiden said as he gave her a reassuring smile. "Carol, my name is Carol." Carol said as she slowly wrapped her arms around Aiden as she cried into his shoulder. "Well Carol, how'd you like to stay at my place? I'm sure my roommate would like to have a new friend." Aiden said as he patted Carol on top of her head.
                 Aiden entered his apartment as he was quickly tackle hugged by Marie. "Aiden Welcome home!" Marie cheered as she tightened the hug she had on him. "Happy to see you as well Marie. By the way I'd like you to meet our new roommate." Aiden said as he stepped out of the way to reveal Carol, who was standing there meekly. "H-Hello M-Marie, it's nice to meet you." Carol said nervously as Marie slowly walked up to her and cupped her face with her hands. "Are you okay? You have scars all over and nails in your body!" Marie said slightly worried for the other girl's current condition.
"I'm fine, I hope you don't mind me staying with you." Carol said as she looked down slightly. Marie smiled before taking Carol by the hand and leading her towards the bedrooms. "Let's go get your room set up!" Marie said happily as she and Carol walked towards the last empty guest room. "Kid I'm starting to get worried about these new powers of yours." Nekros said as Aiden looked at his skull with a curious glance. "We can worry about it later Nekros, but right now I'm tired." Aiden told his partner as he entered his room and got changed for bed.

So Aiden has fought and befriended Painwheel! Although where are these new powers coming from? What will Aiden do about the Medici Family? Who else will he meet in the City of New Meridian? Find out in the next chapter!