Chapter 1:New Meridian

Okay so hear we go! I hope all of you are excited to watch the story of Aiden Matthews unfold? Let's see how this young Vigilante takes on New Meridian and all of it's shady business!
Aiden Matthews woke up as he looked out the window of the train he was riding on as he saw the city come into view. New Meridian a city overrun with crime and a curse known as the Skullgirl. "Well someone needs to clean this city up and who better then one of the most feared Vigilantes in the world?" Aiden thought to himself as tried to get back to sleep. "Kid are you sure this was a good idea?" A familiar voice echoed in his head as he looked down at his cane sword. "Nekros for the last time yes! Seriously how hard is to get the through your skull?!" Aiden replied through their mental link as he looked the ornate skull in the eye sockets.
"Alright,Alright I get the point you're dead set on moving to this hellhole! Just looking out for you! Sorry for showing concern!" Nekros responded as he got slightly annoyed at his human partner's words. Aiden could only laugh at his weapon's attitude, he then looked out the window once more only to see that the train was close to pulling into the station. Aiden grabbed his satchel and his fedora before putting it on his head and exiting the train. Aiden hit the streets of the city as the moon shined in the sky, the light up signs littered the buildings as he continued down the sidewalk.
                "HELP me!" A voice shouted from an alleyway as the sounds of punching could be heard. Aiden sprinted into the alleyway to find a girl that was probably fourteen years old and dressed as a maid getting beaten by to grown men. "Shut up you little bitch! We own you and will do whatever we please with you!" The skinny on in the yellow shirt said as the fat one in the red shirt laughed. "Oi tweedle dee and tweedle dummer! Why don't you leave the girl alone!" The two men turned to face Aiden as he stood there with his cane pointed at them. "Do you know who you're talkin to kid? You don't want mess with us, we've got friends in high places!" The guy in the yellow shirt stated as he held the girl by her pigtails.
                   "Yeah we got Medici friends in Medici places!" The guy in the red shirt added as his partner looked at him like he was an idiot. "Why should I care about two spineless weaklings and their friends?" Aiden asked as he picked dirt out from under his nails with a bored expression plastered on his face. "I'll show you spineless!" Red one shouted as he charged Aiden with his fist pulled back ready to punch. Aiden sidestepped the punch before delivering a roundhouse kick to the fat man's head. The guy was sent flying into a wall before losing consciousness. "You bastard!" The guy in the yellow shirt hollered as he charged Aiden with his Machete drawn.
                Aiden unsheathed Nekros from sheathe cane piece as he slashed his attacker's machete clean in half. "Wait was this thing longer a few seconds ago?" The yellow shirted guy asked as he looked at his now broken weapon. Aiden then delivered a powerful punch to the guy's face which sent him flying into his friend's unconscious body. Aiden sheathed Nekros before approaching the young crying girl. Aiden bent down to her level before pulling her into a hug in order to calm her down. "What's your name sweetie?" Aiden asked in a gentle voice as he stroked her hair gently. "M-Marie!" The small girl stuttered out nervously.
                "Well Marie do you have anywhere to go?" Aiden asked as he got a head shake no to his question. "Well then why don't you live with me in my new apartment! After all I just moved hear and could use a friend!" Aiden said as Marie looked at him with a shocked expression before tackling into another hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Marie sobbed out as Aiden gently patted her back. Aiden then carried Marie on his back to the apartment building that he rented a room at. Once he got the keys from the landlord, Aiden then entered his apartment and put Marie in the guest room.
Marie had fallen asleep during the walk home and Aiden thought it would be best to let her rest after the rough day she had. So after tucking her in Aiden decided to order some takeout for himself and Marie. After placing the order Aiden took off his fedora and vest and unbuttoned a few of his shirt buttons. He then sprawled himself out on the couch and took a short nap. Aiden was woken up by knock on the door as he made his way over to answer it. After placing the food on the table Aiden went and got Marie, before bringing her out into the living room.
Aiden sat down and began to eat, but Marie just stared at the food with a look of longing. "You gonna stare at the food or eat it?" Aiden asked jokingly as he smiled at her and gestured for her to sit down. Marie slowly sat down and began to eat the food as if it would be taken away from her. Aiden smiled at her before continuing to eat his own food as they ate in silence. After they finished up Aiden took the food containers an threw them out before walking down the hall and entering Marie's room. "Thank you again for helping me Aiden! How long will I be able to stay here?" Marie asked nervously as she looked around her room.
Aiden stopped before giving her a confused look. "How long are you allowed to stay? How does as long as you like sound?" Aiden said with a laugh as Marie gave him a surprised to look. "No,no,no! I couldn't do that! You've done enough for me already!" Marie said as she tried to change Aiden's mind. "Sorry I won't be taking that attitude! You've been a victim of child trafficking so you deserve this home as much as I do!" Aiden finished as Marie tackled him into a bear hug. "Thank you Aiden! Although let me be your house maid and before you say anything I won't be taking no for an answer!" Marie said before breaking the hug.
Aiden let Marie borrow one of his shirts to use as pajamas until he could take her clothes shopping. Aiden had bid her goodnight and went to bed himself, although about an hour in to his sleep Aiden felt his bed shift. Aiden turned over to find Marie lying next to him with a scared look on her face. "I had a nightmare could I please sleep with you?" Marie asked nervously as Aiden pulled her into a hug gently. Marie relaxed and began to gently snore as Aiden held her; Aiden couldn't help but smile at the small girl before joining her in dreamland as they waited for tomorrow to come.

Alright first chapter done! Tell me what you thought in the comments below! zombienitro02 I know I said I might change this to a Kamen rider story, but there are so few Skullgirls stories on Wattpad that I don't want to alienate fans of the game by adding in Kamen rider. So I really hope you can still enjoy this story even with the lack of Kamen rider! Next time Aiden will meet a certain Nun and will receive a special powerful object.