Chapter 3: Zira's Return

Tiifu is walking towards Rafiki's tree because she felt a bit nauseous this morning and had been throwing up earlier in the past few days. She had cravings, mood swings, and had cramps from the bottom of her stomach. She climbed up on the tree and walked inside. 

"Rafiki?" She called, "Are you there?"

He hung upside down and jumped off the branch, landing in front of the lioness.

"Here I am." He said, surprising Tiifu. "Now, what can ol' Rafiki do for you?"

"Well, I've been experiencing some cravings, mood swings, cramps, and I even felt nauseous." She explained.

"How long have you been feeling like this?" He asked, motioning her to lay down.

Tiifu lays down on her side so Rafiki can examine her, "About three weeks."

"Hmm..." Rafiki listened to Tiifu's stomach for five seconds until he heard a small heartbeat inside her womb. She is pregnant.

He got back up with a smile on his face, "Ah, yes. Princess Tiifu, you are expecting a cub." He tells her, which caused her to widen her light green eyes in shock.

"I'm pregnant?" She asked.

Rafiki nodded, "Yes, indeed you are." He replied, "A new prince or princess will be here in three months."

Tiifu took the time to process the information in. She's going to be a mother and she's thrilled but also nervous. With her family and friends' help, she and Kion will be great parents to their cub and raise him to become a better lion in the future. She got back up on her paws and thanked Rafiki as she leaves his tree to find Kion to tell him the news. Luckily for her, she found Kion sitting by the watering hole, and he was drinking some of the freshwater.  

"Kion, I have something to tell you," Tiifu said as Kion stopped drinking and faced his mate, feeling concerned about her. 

"What is it, Tiifu?" He asked with concern, "Are you feeling alright?"

"I've just come from Rafiki's tree, and he told me that I'm going to have a cub."

Kion's eyes widened in shock, "You're pregnant?"

Tiifu nodded in confirmation, "Yes, we're going to be parents in three months."

"Wow! I can't wait to see our new son or daughter."

"We might have more than one cub."

"Did you just say, 'more than one?'" Kion asked.

"Yes, I did." She answered, "But we'll only know when it's time for me to give birth."

"Oh, ok. Do you wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure."

Before either one could take a step, Nuru, Naba, Moto, Vitani, Zuri, and Afua had approached them with smiles on their faces.

"Hey, everyone." Kion and Tiifu greeted.

"Hey, Kion and Tiifu." Zuri greeted in return, followed by everyone else.

"What brings you all here?"

"We have news to share with you two." Afua begin.

"Yes?"

"We all are going to become moms and dads soon." Nuru finished with a wide smile.

"Yeah! Isn't it great?" Vitani exclaimed, "Even Kovu and Kiara had told us that they're going to have cubs as well."