Chapter 14: The Presentation

The next day has come, and the lions had woken up. Today is the day that the quadruplets' presentation to the kingdom. Kovu stood at the top of pride rock and gave out an all mighty roar to summon the inhabitants to pride rock. He watched as Zazu landed in front of him. He had flown around the pride lands and made sure that everyone is coming for the presentation for the cubs.

Since Kiara had given birth to quadruplets, Rafiki and three other lions will have to raise them in the air so the whole kingdom can see them. Kion, Tiifu, Vitani, and Moto's cubs are princes and princesses like them and, therefore, can't be presented to the kingdom.

"Everyone's almost here, sire," said Zazu

"Excellent," said Kovu, looking down at his kingdom, "Everyone will be surprised."

"Rafiki's on his way up here," Zazu informed.

"If you see him come up on pride rock. Let me know," Kovu instructed as the hornbill nodded. The king got up and walked back into the nursery den where Kiara lay there with four cubs in her paws. He walked over to her and nuzzled her. Kiara nuzzled him in return.

"Today's the day, love," said Kovu.

"Yes. The cubs' presentation. But, how are we going to do this?"

"Rafiki and three others will have to lift our cubs in the air so everyone can see,"

Kiara nodded her head, understanding the situation clearly, "Ok, and who are the three lions who'll lift our cubs in the air?" She asked.

"We'll do it," a voice said. Both Kovu and Kiara turned around and saw Kion and Nuru walking towards the scene.

"You guys want to do this?" Kiara asked her younger siblings, who nodded their heads.

"Yes. We can hold one of the cubs by the scruff and stand on our hind legs while holding them in the air," Nuru explained, "And don't worry, Naba's watching Nalia until I get back."

"And Tiifu's with Hodari and Azuli. I can do this," said Kion.

"Alright. You both can help Rafiki present the cubs. We need to find one more lion who can do this," said Kovu as Kion and Nuru cheered silently.

"I'll do it too," Nala said as she walked towards the scene.

Kovu and Kiara nodded, "Yes, you can, Nala," said Kovu.

Zazu flew into the den and perched on a rock, "Sire, Rafiki's here,"

"Good morning, Kovu and Kiara," Rafiki greeted with a cheerful smile.

"Good morning, Rafiki," they greeted.

"Everyone's waiting outside below. Did you two find the three lions who can help me?" He asked.

"Yes, they did," said Kion, "Me, Nuru, and our mother will raise the three cubs in the air while you raise the future heir of pride rock."

"Excellent choice, Kovu and Kiara,"

"Thanks, Rafiki,"

Kiara bent her head down and licked each of her four cubs, waking them up from their sleep. They turned around and opened their eyes and saw the mandrill is standing over them. He broke open a gourd and dipped his finger inside of it before smearing it over Aisha's head. He picked up the sand and sprinkled it on the cub, making her sneeze. He did the same to Chaka, Faraji, and Nama except for smearing the fruit since it's for the future ruler of pride rock. Rafiki picked up Aisha while Nala, Kion, and Nuru picked up Chaka, Faraji, and Nama.

Kovu and Kiara followed them outside while the pride watches them from inside of the den. Rafiki, Nala, Kion, and Nuru got to the edge of pride rock and raised the cubs in the air. The kingdom roared in cheers while the cubs were in the air. They knew the one Rafiki holds up is the future ruler of the pride lands while the other three are princes and a princess of the pride lands.

"Everyone, I give to you; princess Aisha, the future queen of the pride lands," Rafiki announces before announcing the three cubs, "Prince Chaka, second in line for the throne, prince Faraji, third in line for the throne, and princess Nama, fourth in line for the throne."

"The third-generation quadruplets after the late Queen Imara," Rafiki finished as everyone begins bowing their heads in respect of the new princes and princesses of the pride. Flower petals swirled around the cubs as a way of being greeted by their great-grandfather, Mufasa. The lions roared in harmony to celebrate the presentation of the cubs. They all know the cubs will grow up and have successful futures ahead of them.

End Of Chapter 14