Chapter 46: Peace And Harmony

Two months later...

Everyone's wounds had healed and relationships had built up to the point where everyone had no grudges or hate against each other. The jackals decided to leave the pride lands to find another place to stay, promising to come back to visit anytime they'd like. Jamya and her clan went back to their home after staying at pride rock to regain their strength and rest from the battle. Kovu sent out several lionesses to clean up the corpses and bury them to prevent vultures from swarming the savannah since the smell of decaying bodies is enough to attract them. After a hard, and yet, disgusting job, the following lionesses returned with grimaced looks and disgust after spending nearly an hour burying all of the half-burnt bodies and ones that started to decay.

The other bodies weren't able to be recovered since they were washed away in the flood after being thrown down the gorge, never to be seen again. For Abasi's former pride, they had to prove their loyalty to Kovu and Kiara as four lionesses, Kira, Subira, Malaika, and Asante kept watch on the former outlanders for a week as they stayed outside of pride rock for safety reasons.

All of the young lions except for Tanabi and Aisha had proposed to their partners for marriage, which they accepted. Kovu, Kiara, and the others couldn't be more happier and excited for their children.

"Ugh! I'm never going near rotting flesh again!" Omi grimaced.

"Me neither!" said Kitana, "The way that jackal looked charred will haunt me in my dreams!"

"You can say that again..." Rene muttered, "The worse part about it was the smell. I can't Kovu would send us and some others to bury the bodies!"

"We have to do it or the savannah would be infested with vultures," Nuru cut in, sitting down in front of the trio.

"Oh, hey, princess Nuru" Omi trailed off.

"There's no need for formalities, Omi," the princess reminded, "You can call me Nuru."

"Nuru. It's nice seeing you here," Kitana lied down and swished her tail a little, "Did you hate cleaning up the bodies?"

"Yes, Kitana," said Nuru, cringing in disgust, "The fire had burned them up to the point where I could see their guts and bones."

"Ugh!" Omi and Rene grimaced, lowering their ears and shaking their heads.

"I'm glad all of this is over... I don't know how much longer I could last out there," Omi lied down and rested her head on her front paws.

"I know, right? It's too much to handle," Rene agreed.

"Nuru? Thank you for insisting that you help us and the others with that task," said Kitana, "We've couldn't have done it without you."

"A princess must help others in need," Nuru stated.

"Nuru? Can I ask you something?" Rene spoke up.

"I'm all ears," she responded.

"How come you never left the pride to become queen somewhere else? If I were you, I'd leave and start a pride with a king by my side," the former outlander questioned.

Nuru flicked her tail, lying down on her stomach, "Because being a queen is a great responsibility," she answered, "You have to lead hunts three times a day, check on the subjects, take a walk around the kingdom for any suspicious activity, and meet up with the other queens of different prides."

"Gee, that sounds like a lot of work for a queen," Omi commented, "Compared to a king, they do more than a queen in a territory."

"Kovu and my sister make sure everything in the pride lands runs smoothly. By next year, my niece and her future mate will step up to be king and queen," said Nuru.