Chapter 45: The Final Battle part 2

The battle continued with bloodshed as many fatalities began building up. Several lionesses, jackals, and hyenas lie dead while some of their bodies are burning in the fire. The smell of burning flesh was enough to make anyone sick. Enzi resisted the urge to puke as he swallowed the bile rising from his stomach. He tackled an outlander lioness to the ground as she stared at him in shock. Enzi recognized the lioness as one of Abasi's top three lionesses, Kitana.

"Enzi?! What are you doing?!" she demanded.

"I'm doing what's right," he stated.

"What do you mean 'doing things right?' We're the ones who are trying to take back the pride lands!"

"I have realized that my father is the impost around here. I don't deserve to be king of the pride lands anymore,"

The lioness's eyes narrowed as a growl rippled from the depths of her throat, "You will pay for this, traitor!"

"No, I'm not paying for anything, you are!" Before the lioness could attack, Enzi unsheathed his claws and slit the lioness's neck, cutting an artery as blood spilled on the ground. The lioness dropped dead instantly from the harsh blow as the former outland prince jumped off of her, tackling two jackals and wiping them out of existence. He roared, charging into several lionesses and jackals, knocking them away like bowling pins.

Abasi, witnessing his son kill off the jackals and lionesses, roared with rage in his body. He couldn't believe that his second son would betray him and his pride like that. With a burst of speed, Abasi ran up to his son, who was finishing off a jackal and smacked him in the head with his heavy paw. Enzi flew into a rock and hit his head, the impact causing a crack to appear on the rock as Enzi felt dazed. He staggered on his paws before Abasi hit him again, making him fall back down.

"WHY?!" Abasi screamed in rage, "WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY ME, SON?!"

Enzi shook his head, staving off the developing headache, and looked into his father's eyes with hate, "You're the one to talk!" he spat, "You and mother lied to me!"

Abasi's angry face hardened, "We didn't lie to you, Enzi!"

"Yes, you did, father!" Enzi countered, standing back up, "You wanted to finish what Scar could've wanted, and those pridelanders haven't done anything to hurt us!"

"You insignificant piece of shit! I raised you to be a killer and this is the thanks I get?!" Abasi's body shook with rage, "YOU OWE ME!!!"

"FATHER! STOP IT! I DON'T OWE YOU SQUAT!" Enzi yelled back, standing up to his father, "TANABI AND SHANI ARE RIGHT, YOU ARE A LYING, MANIPULATING, MONSTER! IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT I NEVER GOT TO EXPERIENCE A GREAT CUBHOOD! YOU ARE WAY WORSE COMPARED TO SCAR!"

Abasi's glare darkened as Enzi stood in front of his father, unfazed by his expression, "YOU WILL NEVER BE A TRUE KING! AND YOU WILL NEVER TAKE THE PRIDE LANDS! I. HATE. YOU!!!"

Those three last words were enough to send Abasi over the edge as he raised his paw and struck Enzi in the head, sending the younger lion flying into a tree, and knocking him unconscious. Ali saw what Abasi had done and charged at him, smacking his head with her paw. The impact was enough to bring the outland king down as Ali roared and dug her claws into Abasi's chest. Abasi screamed in pain and smacked Ali off of him, sending the younger lioness flying. He pounced on her and hit her head before she could move. Ali's eyes rolled to the back of her head as she fell unconscious from the brutal hit.

"That'll teach you!" he sneered before looking for his next target. Abasi looked around and saw Kovu killing two jackals and disabling one of them by snapping its spinal cord with his paws, paralyzing it. The jackal yelped in extreme pain as Kovu picked it up and tossed it into the fire where it started burning alive. It began yelping in pain as it felt its flesh cooking into the hot inferno around it. Shortly after, the jackal lay limp, dying after being burned alive as its body continued to burn from the fire.