Chapter 11: A Dangerous Rescue

Kovu was sitting in front of his team that volunteered to come with him and Simba to rescue Kiara, Nala, Tiifu, and Zuri. Finally, they were outside of pride rock, ready to leave.

"Ok, everyone. I have a plan that can help us save them," said Kovu.

Everyone turned to their king and gave him his attention, "Look, here's how we're going to do it. We're going to sneak into the outlands on the left side since no one ever guards that entrance," Kovu explained.

"How do you know?" Asked Kira.

"I've done my rounds near the outlands before. And I've been inside of it while Abasi and his pride are living there. I've sneaked around and never got caught by them," he claimed.

"That was very risky, Kovu," Sarafina commented, "What if they catch you next time?"

"As you may know, I'm the fastest lion out there, and they can't even catch me," he boasted.

"Oh, ok,"

"As I was saying, we will sneak into the outlands and hide behind the large rocks and termite mounds without being detected," he continued, "We will have to split up to prevent being caught."

"Since some of you used to live in the outlands, you can blend in with the lionesses in the pride, and you have the same fighting skills they have since you've trained with Zira and Baraka," some of the former outlanders nodded their heads, knowing they can blend in with the members of Abasi's pride.

"Pretend to do what they do to avoid suspicion. The rest of you who are pridelanders, you're coming with me, and the former outlanders can blend in with the pride until we come back and get you," he looked around at the lionesses, "Before we go, does anyone have any questions?"

Everyone nodded their heads, "Alright then, let's save them," Kovu lead his lionesses towards the outlands to save Nala, Kiara, Tiifu, and Zuri. Sarabi looked down in the departing rescue team. She's worried that they might get caught themselves or end up getting killed from the mission. She sees Zazu perched on a nervy branch; she walks up towards him and gets his attention.

"Zazu, thank goodness I've found you,"

"What can I do for you, miss Sarabi?"

"I need you to keep an eye out on Kovu and his team. Abasi's pride is dangerous, and I'm nervous that they might run into some trouble along the way," she tells him, which he nodded his head, "And, I'm worried about Simba as well."

"Don't you worry, I will keep a lookout," Zazu assured the former queen.

"And try not to get caught!" Sarabi yelled out as she watched Zazu fly away from pride rock.

"Don't worry, Sarabi. I won't," he said as he flies away to catch up to Kovu and the others.

When they arrived in the outlands, they were hiding behind a huge termite mound. The lionesses in Abasi's pride are training while some of them are guarding certain areas within the outlands.

"Kovu, we look just like them, and we can blend in perfectly," one of the former outlanders said.

"Good, and remember what I said about pretending to do what they do," He whispered as they nodded. Then, the former outlanders split up from the group and got to a spot where they pretended to train, much to Kovu's relief.

"I'll be on the lookout for anyone," Simba volunteered.

"Ok, Simba. Be careful,"

"I will,"

Simba walked away and ducked behind a large bush to be on the lookout.

"The rest of you, follow me," Said Kovu as they began their search for Nala, Kiara, Tiifu, and Zuri.