Lacrosse

~~If you get what this ^^ is from we are now friends❤️~~

I sat in class, my pencil hitting the desk over and over again making tapping notices every time my pencil hits the page of the text book. I could tell people were getting irritated by the noise I was makeing. The person sat next to me, Will Lang, was scrunching up a piece of scrap paper, his knuckles turning white.

"Can you please stop that?" He whisper yelled in my ear letting go of the scrap paper. I slowly turned towards him a look of pure frustration in my eyes making him gulp. I probably looked mad.

"Why don't you just move then" I replied slowly still staring at the poor boy knowing completely well that he couldn't.

"I can't this is m-my seat" he stated leaning back slightly to get out of my reach.

"Then don't complain" I started before getting everything off my chest "I'm having a really stressful day. There's this big, no, huge secret I've been keeping from my friends and one of them found out so I have to tell the rest of them, so if you could just please leave me alone. That would be great!" I was now standing over will while he looked at me fearfully. My actions caught up to me and I sat down with a red face of embarrassment. "S-sorry" I stated before running a hand through my mess of hair returning back to my work this time not tapping the page with my pencil. God I'm a mess.

------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang signalling the end of class. Students shuffled out of their seats quickly to go get something to eat for break, while I just sat finishing my work before packing up my bag and casually walking towards my locker to meet Flynn and Julie.

Next period was games so we had to grab our sports kits and head to the locker rooms to get changed.

I reached my locker opening it and grabbing my sports bag. I still don't know when I should tell everyone I can see Luke, Reggie and Alex. But it needs to happen soon.

"You look tense" I heard behind me, turning to see Flynn and Julie walking towards me with their sports bags in hand.

"Y-yeah. Didn't sleep well last night." I said rubbing the back of my neck averting my gaze. Now wasn't the best time to tell them.

"Oookk" Flynn replied slowly turning to head towards the locker rooms. I looked towards Julie who was starting at me suspiciously. I gave her an awkward smile before turning to follow Flynn.

The locker rooms where a mess as usual. Clothes scattered on the floor while the other girls got changed, smoke filled the room as some girls had a quick shower to freshen themselves up. Flynn, Julie and I made our way to our normal spot in teh corner of the room away from the loud gossiping girls.

Most of the time the girls and boys sports are played separately. This time of year everyone played lacrosse, however, sometime the coaches liked to mix things up and have the boys and girls play lacrosse together. Which from experience is not fun. Last year, when I was all alone, we played together and I ended up with a black eye and bruises all over my legs. Like I said, not fun.

"Y/n?" Julie asked shaking me slightly bringing me back from my day dream.

"Yeah?" I asked turning my gaze and focusing on the two girls Infront of me.

"You keep spacing out everything ok?"

"Yeah. Just hoping we don't play against the boys" I replied shacking myself back to reality and continued to get changed. When everyone was ready we all made our way towards the field. But I spoke too soon.

Out on the field were the boys doing a couple of laps. Some looking over at the girls smiling devilish grins.

"I spoke too soon" I stated looking down and sighing. Flynn laughed at my side.

"It's like payback. How they had to join us with dance. We have to join them with lacrosse." Flynn began walking to the front of the pack of girls pulling me and Julie with her. As the coach of the boys team spoke.

"Alright. Since we helped the girls with the dance. They're going to play some lacrosse with us." The boys cheered and so did some girls before the coach blew his whistle catching everyone's attention. "However. Since the girls don't have any pads, we are going to play nice and friendly. Ok?" He asked looking towards the boys some of them groaning. I'll put you in teams.

Coach started saying out names but I wasn't really listening. I began to space out again thinking how I was going to tell Julie, Flynn, Luke and Alex and how Reggie knew I could see him, my mind kept reaching back to that conversation we had lying on the hill, until I was snapped out of it when the coach called my name.

"Y/n L/n... L/n!" He yelled looking around all of the girls. A few giggles could be heard.

"Yeah?" I asked shyly, coach wasn't one of the friendliest people.

"Team B" he said pointing to the right. "And keep your head out of the clouds." He rolled his eyes and continued to call out names. I walked over to the left noticing the people on my team...

Charlotte, Carrie, Will, Tyler, Dylan, Scott, Allison and more kept coming. (Anyone get the reference?)

Looking at team A I saw Julie and Flynn looking apologetically at me. This was the worst team ever.

------------------------------------------------------

"SCORE!" Coach yelled as the ball hit the net once again, our net. The score was, 9 : 5, team A with the 9 points. Cheers were heard from the other team as they all clapped Nick on the back, the one who keeps scoring the goals.

Carrie grunted and looked at me as if it was all my fault. She hated when she was losing. Charlotte had gotten most of the goals as well as Tyler and Scott however I still think we ended up with the bad players from the actual Lacrosse team.

"Come on guys. Games not over yet we can still win this" Scott yelled trying to encourage our team. Charlotte came up behind me resting her arm on my shoulder, I tried to shrug it of but she then grabbed my top not letting go her nails digging into my skin.

"Scott's right. We can still win this" she encouraged looking at everyone before whispering to me. "Why don't you actually help" then walked off to start the next ball. I sighed shaking my head and rubbing the small moon shaped cuts on my shoulder under my shirt, looking towards the other team I saw Julie and Flynn looking at me once again, I rolled my eyes before getting into position. It's not that I'm not helping it's just that no one passes to me.

Coach blew the whistle and the two captains tackled for the ball in the middle of the pitch, in result team A got the ball passing it to each other as they made their way up the pitch dribbling the ball. Our team tackled for it eventually getting it when someone suddenly passed it to me. I actually had the ball for the first time this game.  I--

I got tackled to the ground people landing on top of me as I hit the floor. My head bashed against the hard ground causing sound to fade away, being replaced with a high beep noise that ringed in my ears. Black spots clouded the edge of my vision as I saw Charlotte out of the corner of my eye smiling before hitting me in the eye with the end of the stick, but no one noticed. Julie and Flynn crowded around my limp body as Coach yelled at the boy who tackled me before blackness took over and I fell unconscious.

~~Hey guys this chapter was going to be longer but I thought I should at least post this much otherwise you probably wouldn't have got this chapter for another week... Anyway I'm sorry I've been inactive for the past few weeks I've just been busy with school (and watching Teen Wolf on Netflix 😬) but my half term is next week so hopefully I'll post another chapter soon. Once again I'm sorry this is so late 😞🥺 enjoy ♥️~~