are happy endings always happy?

Now sadness was something I felt quite often, whether it was directed at an action or a person leaving. But mostly for me, was when someone hurt me or my belongings. But a sorrow this harsh was something I've never experienced before. It tore my heart in two, like when something you love dearly dies or in my case, goes to a better place.

I didn't want anything to process in my mind because that meant that I would have to come to terms with Reggie being gone. Which also made me forget all about Charlotte's little kidnapping.

I got a lift home from Julie's dad and decided to celebrate with them a little bit. But only because I wanted to go into Julie's studio to truly say goodbye and so did she. But also to keep my mind occupied.

We got to their house rather quickly due to my mind being elsewhere as Julie's dad, aunt and brother sang her song on repeat. We slowly pulled up to the drive getting out in an orderly fashion and making our way to the front door. Julie talked to her dad and brother while my eyes just wondered around, missing the presence of the other band members.

Julie slowly led the way to the studio and opened the door after finishing her talk, as I followed behind. The room was dark and lifeless, unlike any other day when the boys would either be practicing or just messing around. she started speaking looking at the ceiling completely caught up in everything.

"I..." She paused looking at me slightly before looking back. "I know I already said this but, uh..".

The once solemn look on her face changed into a thankful one. I stood a few meters away but I could tell she had tears in her eyes, glistening from the moonlight and I would be lying if I said I wasn't on the verge of tears too. "Thank you guys.".

Then as if I had heard a ghost Reggies voice rang in my ear coming from the darkness.

"Your welcome" his voice sounding strained as if it was hard for him to speak. Alex groaned whilst me and Julie looked at each other asking if what we heard was real.

"Dude!" Luke added as I went to turn on the light which now illuminated the room showing three boys lying on the floor in pain, a chorus of coughs and groans could be heard.

"Why.. why are you hear? I-i-i... I thought..." Julie tried to question but was interrupted by a jolt seemingly more painful than any before. They were truly dying. A hand flew up to my mouth as a small yet audible gasp escaped my lips with Reggie looking up at me a sorrowful look in his eyes bringing my tears out.

"No... No!" I cried. Their pain still visible in their features. "We thought you crossed over. Why didn't you cross over?" I asked myself in disbelief, tears now streaming down my face whilst Julie kept clinging onto them. They were struggling to get themselves up as a pain worse than anything filled my beating heart.

"I guess playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business" Alex replied with a sigh.

"Point Caleb" Reggie added as he leaned against the armrest of the sofa.

"He wanted you to think that we crossed over, so we pretended to." Luke said tears obvious in his eyes. I didn't want to loose my cousin again when I had just got him back. I sat down on the sofa, for if I continued to stand I would fall over. Reggie was right next to me now and I couldn't do anything to help him. I felt broken as if my heart could shatter into a million pieces just from the pained face he was giving off. "We just." Luke started and shrugged before looking towards me. "We had no where else to go" before sobbing slightly.