S2: Jealous?

"Alright people that's it for today." Mr Carmon concluded enthusiastically as the bell rang, everyone grabbed their bags shoving their books in as fast as they could to exit the ancient building know as our school. "Enjoy your summer break and I'll hopefully be seeing all your lovely faces back in September" he added with a hint of sarcasm as he packed up his things as well.

Summer break. A time both students and teachers look forward too; parties, exotic holidays, a mountain of new things to try, summer had it all.

I, personally, am headed to a nice secluded town in Italy called Cefalù with my family to see my grandparents. It's a small historic town on a rocky headland, with a port and multiple bars/restaurants, not many activities to do, but there will be lots of sun, warmth and swimming. All of which I enjoy.

I'd asked my parents if my friends could come along since Julie's family are part Italian (For the purpose of the story) and I didn't want Flynn to be left out. Thankfully all parties agreed, however Flynn's family would not be joining us. And obviously Reggie, Luke and Alex would join us as well.

I made my way towards my locker to grab the rest of my stuff when someone pulled me from my thoughts.

"So.. 10th grade next year" they said from behind me. I knew that voice.

"Yes I'm aware" I stated closing my locker whilst turning around to face them, the halls were slowly becoming empty as I stood there waiting for a reply.

"Man, schools too hard" he whined, his face forming into a pout just thinking about the next year. I laughed playfully poking his nose.

"Don't worry I'm sure you'll survive Tyler" I responded making my way to the exit, finally settling on the fact that I wouldn't have to walk through these walls for the next month and a bit, whilst Tyler trailed behind me. "Unless we have Mrs Phillips for Maths next year. That woman doesn't know how to function properly" I gripped my folder closer to my chest just thinking about it, that woman was strange. Very strange.

"Oh god, please don't let me have her" he cowered placing his hands together as if to pray. "What are you doing this summer?" He changed the subject to a much more pleasant conversation. We were now walking out of the doors and heading through the car park, Julie had to stay for a bit after her class so she told me to go home myself, and since Tyler walks the same way as us for a bit he decided to tag along.

"I'm going to Italy for 2 weeks with my family, Julie's family and Flynn." I said adding the ghosts to the list in my head.

We turned the corner once passing the gate only for me to see Reggie standing there, leaning against the wall in his leather jacket. How can someone made of air look so hot. He turned to face me when he heard footsteps, expecting me to be by myself but, to his dismay, I wasn't.

"Who's this?" He questioned, kicking off from the wall to walk next to me, a smile found its way on to my face from the sweet gesture as my cheeks heated up slightly. I couldn't exactly answer so I just ignored him.

"Ahh nice. I'm just going to be chilling at home, maybe get a summer job" Tyler questioningly exclaimed. "Well anyway I'll see you around y/n/n" he waved goodbye before crossing the road to head in the direction of his house.

I slowly turned to Reggie to see him with a small scowl on his face, the sun shining perfectly onto his raven hair. Was he jealous?

"That was Tyler Jones. Plays for the lacrosse team. Incredibly smart. Funny. Handsome." I listed with a smirk growing on my face, his scowl deepened. "Jealous?" I asked sarcastically. His scowl turned into a deep blush from my question, reaching from ear to ear whilst mumbling a small 'no'. We were at least 5 minutes from my house so I slowed down not wanting to end our conversation. The trees rustled in the wind as we crossed the park, swings abandoned.