Chapter-5

Jake's Pov:-

It occurred to me while sitting at lunch that i wasn't the only one who was crushing on the new girl. She was surrounded by the guys like a prey cornered by wolves.
I frowned at the way Ryder is standing so close to her, i felt like going there and pulling them apart and shouting "She's Mine!" But i would never make a fool of myself for any girl no matter how hot and sexy she might be.

I turned to Alex "how about we have the party tomorrow."
"Great that's awsome and shall we head to the mall after school? I want  to buy new pair of jeans and a few shirts"
"Didn't you buy them last week" i asked.
He just shrugged "i want to look good at my party."
"Your party!? as I recall its MY house we're having the party at." I raised a brow.
"Oh! You know you like it when i dress to kill." He scoffed.
I rolled my eyes and continued "coming back to the topic, we will hold the party tomorrow and you go invite her cousin what's her name and i will invite Zoya."
I pointed my finger at Mike. "Hey why me and her name is Zori."
"Zori..." I repeat her name to fix it in my memory, after Mike had pointed her out to me, my first thought about her was 'nerd!' Not that i have anything against nerds, they're cute and all with their glasses. But this one made me smile for no reason, I still can't figure out why? I'm not a very smiley kind of guy,
actually I'm known for my frowny stares.

Leaning in close to Mike to avoid anyone hearing us, I whisper. "Its so that if zoya finds an excuse not to come her cousin might show up then i can get her to tell me everything about Zoya. Plus you're already acquainted with her."
"Fine!" He huffs.

Zori's pov:-

"How many times are you going to space out Zori" Lana nudged me drawing my thoughts out of the pits of darkness they had holed themselves in.
We had break between classes and she wanted to talk about something I lost track of.
"Hmm"
"Don't you hum me girl! Now tell me what that hunk wanted talk with you about." Lana was excited over Mike pulling me away to invite me to the party.
"Ew..You know its cringey when you call someone that." She rolls her eyes "a hunk is a hunk and don't dodge the question."
I lean closer "he invited me to a party at Jake's place."
Her eyes widened "coooool he likes you then."
"Pffft if he did he wouldn't have said bring your friends and your cousin too." emphasizing on the cousin. "It is obvious that all the attention I'm suddenly getting hasn't got anything to do with my impressive grades or my seductive charm." I sarcastically added earning a grin from Lana.
"Still no harm in enjoying  the attention, so when is it and are we are going!." I chuckled at her inviting herself "Its tomorrow but we are not going."
She narrowed her eyes "why not?"
The teacher walked in saving me from answering her.

The last bell rang indicating the day ends. My cousins and I gathered at our usual spot waiting for the driver. Lana and Neil joined us for chit chat.
"So why exactly aren't you going to the party?" Looks like Lana isn't going to let this go.
"You know i don't like parties." I answered.
"Stop being a stuck up snob and lets go enjoy ourselves."
I didn't want to tell her that this wasn't about us but we were invited only because of Zoya, she seems to have collected a lot of admirers in one day, especially Ryder.
Good i hope they start dating and leave Jake for me. If wishes were horses..
shut up brain!
Tanya jumped in "your invited to the party! Can i go too?
"NO!" Lana and I both shouted.
"Yeah yeah i know" she left pouting.
"I don't think it's a good idea, me going there you know the curfew and mom would have a heart attack."
"Aren't you seventeen." Neil said with a bored expression.
"Yeah but..." i was cut off by Zoya's loud chirp.
"I can't wait for us to go to the party tomorrow night! You two are coming too yes?" She looked at Neil and Lana.
"Ofcourse! Kamal is gonna be there too so i won't miss it." Kamal is Lana's boyfriend they hardly get to meet outside school because of his part time job.
Neil shook his head "I have a group study at my place, I'll pass."
"You know we will not be allowed." I stated.
"Posh! We are going. Leave it to me to get us out of the house."
Suddenly i was struck by immense fear...

Party night.:-

"Well what do you think?" I came and stood in front of mirror looking at my outfit, Zoya's hand stopped midway applying her lip gloss, her eyes couldn't get any wider.
"What on God's earth are you ET!"
I pouted she didn't have to insult my sandy brown suit. "I wore it to a convention last month and no body said anything hmph!" I huffed
"Thats because they couldn't speak alien probably."
Sighing loudly she put down the gloss and walked over to me.
"I'll help you dress up"

HALF AN HOUR LATERRR....

"Shit! Not one! Not one thing i can find worth normalcy in your closet everything shouts out geek! ...That's it your wearing my clothes!"
Zoya opened her suitcase and pulled out a few clothes.
After choosing something i won't object wearing she pushed me into the bathroom to change.
Pouting i put it on but it looked good on me, my sulky mood changed instantly.
When i stepped out of the bathroom Zoya rushed me to sit before the dresser.
"Now for your hair and makeup."

"Hey my hair is fine and i don't want make up mom will get suspicious. "
Zoya told them that we were going to the mall to buy new clothes and will be back by curfew which is 7:30 while the party would have starts at 6.00 just one and half hour? Not enough! Here is where Zoya's mom come in..yeah Zoya's mom! She is chill about her daughter partying and being social as long as she knows her boundaries.
So as i was saying her mom is going to announce that she is picking up the girls and taking them to movies and dinner, buying us atleast 3 hours over the curfew.
"Zoya!"
"Shush! Don't disturb when i'm being creative." With that she set off into her creativity.

" With that she set off into her creativity

"Wow!" I looked so different from the usual me. Zoya stood behind me admiring  her handiwork.
"See now you don't look like an alien."
I rolled my eyes and put on an long coat so that my family don't raise any fuss
As expected mom was waiting to pounce at us, she looked at me with narrowed eyes "You've got makeup on."
Busted!
"Ah yes i figured I will be the only one looking like a hag at the mall plus i'm seventeen its about time i got a m..make over." I waited for the outburst with baited breath but mom smiled and told me to have fun.
Phew!

Zoya was driving us in one of my uncles cars, we picked up Lana and headed to Jake's house.

My heart beat was rapidly increasing as  we walked weaving through everyone.. i mean everyone is here...nerds, jocks, emos, cheerleaders...wow!..
We entered the house, i cringed at the blaring music, it was deafening many kids were using their hands to speak.
A few minutes later Lana went to find Kamal while Zoya was dragged away by Jake and his friends.
I stood alone by the wall gulping my fourth glass of juice, wondering what a bad idea it was to come here.
Hmm..this juice has a kick.
I giggled goofily.
And then it happened...

~~~~~~
1360 words.

What do you think happened?

Vote and comment.

Thank you.