Chapter-7

Zori's pov:-

I made a blunder, he must think i'm some silly twat.
I sighed heavily.

Jake took a swig of his beer and added in a soft voice.
"It's like how you set the table with a place for everyone and none of them sit where they are supposed to."

My muddled mind could not gather much from it, but I nodded nonetheless.
"Like all the puzzle pieces are in the wrong place."
He added.
I couldn't help but smile thinking this was the first time I was sitting talking to Jake.  The Jake! My crush Jake!

I'm sure I am staring at him like a kid staring at candy.
He look at me for a moment everything disappeared from existence, the party, the people, the music only him and I.

The next thing I know I felt something warm on my lips...I blinked..are those Jake's lips!? Am I dreaming!? I am stiff from shock. I try to lean away but Jake's hand on my nape stops me.
My heart beat escalated ten folds.
I didn't know what to do, how to kiss!
I awkwardly try to kiss him back.

"Jake....hey where are you!"
We snapped apart quickly hearing another male's voice.
I ducked and crawled back to the furthest hidden corner, while Jake stood up and jumped out of the bushes hurriedly.
"AAAHH...what the hell Jake you tryina give me a heart attack!"
Mike clutched his chest.
"Come on your needed inside we are starting games.".........

I relaxed as the sound of their footsteps faded.
I was surely sober now thank God! Quickly reaching for the phone I checked the time it's almost time to leave Sarah's mom will be waiting outside the mall.
I quickly rushed in found her dancing with Ryder.
Pulling her aside i alerted her of the time and texted Lana.
Lana texted back Kamal was going to drop her home later.
So Sarah and I headed to out after thanking Alex.
I was glad Jake wasn't around with him, I couldn't imagine facing him right now  or ever.

We drove back home after picking up her mom, all through the ride Sarah was gushing about how cool Ryder is.
I tuned her out while her mother was obviously trying to advise her against judging a book by it's cover.
Sarah's mother leaned towards us.
"Do you even know how bad you both smell?"
She took out an expensive perfume from her purse and sprayed us both.

Getting out of the car my thoughts were preoccupied with my first kiss with Jake.
I totally forgot that Nana take a night walk in the gardens with my sis at this hour, I nearly ran into her.
"Oh! What's that awful stench. " Nana scrunched her nose.
"That's my perfume Nana." Sarahs mom declared, I took the chance and slipped away to my room.

After I shower and lay in bed looking at the moon i remembered my kiss with Jake.
Now it's only like i  imagined it, did I?
Soon I drifted off to sleep.

Later in the night the door creaked open silently and someone walked in and stared at Zori with silent contempt in their eyes...

####=====#####====####

It's been a long time since the last update thanks for the patience. This is a short update will continue to write more.
Luv ya'll 💕

Vote & comment 💕
Thnx..