Saat

"Love hurts, not because of the lies you might have been told, but because of the lies you tell to protect someone."

_____

Awkward Exchanges and Separation 
_____

It was around mid-day when the sun was at it’s highest and burnt at it’s brightest that [Name] had heard an unexpected sound -- the sound of her doorbell ringing. This was surprising for the [h/c] female for she barely had any guests. The last time she had a guest that rang a doorbell (besides Greed and Ling who broke in her place), was over a month ago. Even then, that guest or the more accurate term I should use is a visitor, was a solider from the Military who was to deliver important news.

So, she wondered who it was.

“Coming,” [Name] called as she stood up from her bed, and settled her book on the side table beside her bed. Then, she glanced at the mirror in her room and patted down her floral printed dress to make it appear more presentable, and combed her fingers through her hair for a few seconds. Then, she smiled and gave a satisfying nod at her reflection, before she presumed to walk towards the front door of her house.

Moments later, she stood in front of a white door, before she cleared her throat and unlocked her door. As she opened it fully, she was blinded by the bright sunrays attacking her unconcealed eyes. Right away, her eyes were saved from the harshness of the sun rays when a bouquet of radiant, rich, red roses entered her sight.

[Name] gasped in surprise, before she grabbed hold of the bouquet of roses, and glanced at the gift giver.

Her eyes widened when she saw captivating ruby eyes.

“G-Greed,” She stuttered out in a greeting, her voice etched with shock.

“Hey babe,” He said smirking, and winking at her.

Right away, [Name]’s eyebrow began to twitch as she narrowed her eyes at Greed suspiciously.

“Babe? Don’t babe me! And what do you want?” She inquired, scoffing at him. Her response caused Greed to sweat-drop.

“I uh,” He began awkwardly, as he continued to sweat-drop at her. Then, he smirked.

“I thought I’d take you out. You know, just you and I on this beautiful day, on a date-”

“Okay,” [Name] said, blinking.

Greed blinked as well, raising an eyebrow. “Okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be back . Let me just put this flowers in a pot so they don’t die. And I’ll grab my things and we’ll go,” [Name] said, giving him a smile, before she walked inside her house.

Greed, still confused from her response, just nodded awkwardly.

“Ah, okay…?” He said trailing off in confusion.

***

“So, where are you taking me?” [Name] asked, adjusting her bag on her shoulders as she glanced at Greed, who was still perplexed at a few facts.

One: [Name] accepted his offer a bit too fast?

Two: She hadn’t threatened to hit him with her pan yet. Strangely, he didn’t even see it on her.

“Well, I was thinking,” He began, as for the first time, his cheeks began to heat up. He coughed awkwardly as he began to rub the neck suspiciously, before he continued speaking.