Aath

"They always said that goodbyes weren't eternal and that goodbye's weren't the end. They always that goodbyes only last until we meet again. They always said, I told myself, crying and scared to let you go. I realized that they were lying, and in the same moment, I realized that you were gone."

____

The Promise Day
____

After a long four-hundred-years of waiting for some, or a year wait for others, The Promise Day was finally upon the country of Amestris. And frankly, this day meant different things for others. For some, it was a day to be festive and celebrate the good, upcoming farming seasons. This led their mood to be just right for the present weather; joyful and bright like the burning, bright, yellow sun in the clear blue skies.

However, for others, this weather was an ironic. This was because many would lose their lives, and as they did, the natural order of the world laughed at them. Instead of crying tears of sorrow through a vicious storm to portray its agony for the soldiers, whom’s actions were in vain, the day was bright and radiant -- as if those who were dying were being mocked.

And maybe, perhaps they were. Because for those who struggled, the sun seemed to laugh at them.

Look at yourself, the sun seemed to laugh as it blinded the soldiers with it’s light. You’re dying, you’re useless, and no one, not even the natural order will weep at your lose, it seemingly mocked.

This, or the sun was a symbol that burnt light in everyone’s darkness to give them hope, to tell them that everything would be okay, as long as they held on.

Some people failed to understand this, as the grief of losing someone close to them was too overwhelming for them, and all they felt was sorrow.

From the moment [Name] woke up from the floor of her apartment, finding herself to have fainted out of nowhere, she knew that something was really, definitely, wrong.

The [h/c] female groaned as she picked herself from the sleek wooden floor of her living room, and blinked her eyes rapidly, to rid herself off the sleepiness.

She glanced around, blinking uncontrollably, and furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

“W-Wha, why am I here?” She murmured in confusion, rubbing her head. Then, she inhaled and exhaled deeply, and put a hand on her chest, her eyes beginning to be clouded in confusion.

“Why did it feel as if I was just trapped?” She spoke, before she shook her head.

“Ah, whatever-” She began, when an alarm started ringing loudly throughout her home.

[Name] blinked before her eyes widened in realization, as if she had remembered something important.

“Crap! I forgot I was suppose to deliver my response to the Military today,” She said, before she hurriedly stood up on her feet, and raced to her room to change, so that she could attend to her business.

***

To say that she was surprised when she saw the front wall that guarded the premises of the Military base in a pile of rubble was an understatement.

She was utterly perplexed and horrified in bewilderment. Not only that, there were corpses spread out throughout the building, smoke flying in air from different parts, and blood all over the place.

Not accustomed to the gruesome sight as one such as in front of her, the innocent female screamed in fear, dropping the box she held in her hands. Tears began to form in the corner of her eyes, as she began to shake.