--mission impossible--

The atmosphere was dark when I entered the meeting hall. Everyone with a high status was here. All eyes on me, not the most reassuring thing, especially with my ...reputation.

King Philza had summoned me, so I couldn't refuse. I kept a straight face and walked up to the throne, bowing as I stood before him. The king was a kind hearted man, known for his generosity. But as I stood before him, all I felt was his cold, icy stare boring into me.

"You called?" I asked, uneasy. The king nodded. "I did. Will, as much as I hate the profession you've chosen, it is needed during these trying times." The king stood from his throne, expanding his dark, feathered wings to full length, gently flapping them once before they rested in their original position once more. He walked towards me, making by body tense up.

Once he was directly in front of me, he spoke again. "We need you, for a very important task, Wilbur Soot." He used my full name, signaling that this was serious. Very serious.

I nodded once, staring into the frozen abiss of his bright blue eyes. "I assume you are well aware of the situation of L'Manburg?" Gritting my teeth at the memory of my old home, I nodded again, not trusting myself to speak.

"We" He gestured to the nobles around us, "have a plan to stop the tyranny and transfer L'Manburg back to its original glory. But it will not be an easy task. We need some one to get close to the king, Schlatt, and kill him. And that someone is you."

His words processed in my mind before my emotions finally caught hold. "Sorry, what?! That is a suicide mission! I can't possibly agree to this. It's impossible! Your not serious-"

"Will" King Philza said. But I ignored him.

"This is outrageous! I'm not just going to die-"

"Son!"

I shut my mouth. Did I forget to mention that the king is technically my father? I glared up at him, but held my tongue. "We need you. No one else is skilled enough in the art of mischief."

"So your saying I'm a trouble maker?" I scoffed sarcastically.

"Well, yes, but also no." Philza said, waving off my remark. "Please, son. We need you to do this. For the people. For me."

I glared at the busy streets of L'Manburg- well, its just Manburg now. This entire mission is fucked. Closing my eyes, I repeated my task over once more.

//Phil handed me a notebook with my new identity. Reading it over, I rolled my eyes.

'Name: William (Nickname Will)
Backstory: Will is a laid back, calm person with a smile always on his face. He loves music, which is why he came to Manburg. He usually dresses in sweaters and button ups. His trusty guitar is always with him, and he hums when he is thinking. While he looks innocent, he can be snarky and is genuinely flirty with those he likes. He originates in Pogtopia, an old country that is long overtaken, then he moved to the Antarctic Empire at seven years old, and has lived there up until just now, when he moves to Manburg to make a career out of his music. (No history if interacting with the country of SBI) he still carries the accent of Pogtopia.'

Assigned task: Infiltrate the Kingdom of Manburg and kill King Schlatt in any way possible//

The name isn't exactly the best, but I can work with it. The whole 'happy and innocent' vibe might be a little harder, but not too bad. Just have to act how I did pre- threat to my family and life. Schlatt ruined that with his whole 'war on the world' thing going on. Shaking my head, I walked into the town, slipping on my new personality like a glove.

As I wandered the streets, I smiled at people and greeted traders and marketers. Stopping at a stall that sold interesting trinkets, I picked up an elegant looking necklace with a silver diamond shape with a blue jem. The elderly woman in charge of this stall grinned up at me. "You like that one, aye? Hand it over and I'll show you a little secret." she winked at me, then proceeded to pull on the charm of the necklace to reveal a hidden push dagger.

" she winked at me, then proceeded to pull on the charm of the necklace to reveal a hidden push dagger

I stared at her in awe. How unique. "How much do you offer?" she chuckled at my eagerness and said, "Well, it was originally two-hundred and fifty gold bits, but just for you, I'll lower it to one hundred bits." She winked at me. I thanked her, and exchanged the promise money. She handed me the necklace and I clasped it around my neck before slipping it under my yellow sweater.

"Thank you, miss-"

"Margaret."

"Well, thank you Margaret. I'll have to come by again sometime." I said, smiling and heading off with a wave. That interaction bettered my mood and made my force smile just a bit more genuine.

As I continued down the market, I became a little bit less aware of were I was heading, and a little more lost. I was supposed to go to the town square, but already lost all sense of direction. Safe to say I'm not a human GPS like my brother.

I wondered around, hoping that some miracle would save me. Just as I was about to ask for directions, a voice spoke up from behind me.

"Are you lost?" Whirling around in surprise, I was greeted by a young teen starring back at me. He had short, fluffy brown hair and splotched of freckles lightly dusted across his face. The most interesting thing we're the tiny horns sprouting from his head, and his goat-like ears that twitched randomly. He reminded me of someone but I couldn't place it just yet.

Shaking away from my thoughts I winced, "Is it that obvious?" rubbing my neck sheepishly. The boy grinned and and spoke in a chipper tone."You've been circling the same booths for the past ten minutes, so..." he trailed off.

I signed and held my hands up in defeat. "I'm new around these parts. I'm trying to find the town square, and have lost my way."

"Oh okay! Well I'll gladly show you the way. Also, I'm Tubbo!" His smile grew wider as he introduced himself, and grabbed my hand to take me to my destination.

"Well, Tubbo, I'm Willb- William! But my friends call me Will." I cursed myself for the slip up, and focused on my task once again. But oddly, Tubbo's name repeated in my mind over and over, begging me to remember where I knew it from.

Soon more and more people crowded the walkways, and the streets wide bed into a large open square. "Well, here we are! If I may ask, what are you here for?"

Gesturing to the guitar case strapped to my back, I answered him. "I heard that Manburg was a great place for new musicians to start out." looking around, I could see more than one person playing an instrument with a cheering crowd."I came to set up my guitar and play it here, hoping to get noticed by someone big." I ended the story with another sheepish grin.

Tubbo's eyes lit up and he looked interested."You're into music?"

I nodded and his eyes sparkled with curiosity. "if it's not too much to ask, can you play me something?" The pure hope in his eyes was almost so bright I thought I would go blind. With a thumbs up, I told him all I needed to do was set up my stuff,and would play him one of my songs.

Taking my guitar case off my back, I opened it up. The guitar itself wasn't anything special. It was a common starter that could be found in any shop, but it had served me well for many years. I just couldn't part with it.

I prepared myself, taking a deep breath, and started strumming.