--suprise--

Tubbo cheered and I  let out a loud whoop and jumped up. I patted Tubbo's head and smiled down at him. "Thanks, little dude." He grinned up at me before we both turned to see what else was to be said.

"All chosen contestants have an hour to prepare a second song, and then play it up front one last time. Now, while we are waiting, let's light up some fireworks people!" And with that, swirling rockets if color shot up into the air with deafening bangs. Only an hour, huh? Guess I'll just have make due.

We sat at some of the tables that had been set up for the event. I pulled out my lyrics book and said, "Well, want to help me decide on a song?" His eyes lit up and he nodded enthusiastically. I just chuckled. Passing the book towards him, I watched him sift through it.

The fireworks were still going off, and ever once in a while an especially loud one would make him flinch, and glance up wide eyed. He seemed... Scared. Of fireworks? I shrugged it off. I wasn't really that unusual.

His brown hair was fluffy, like mine, but not as unkept. Through the fluff, I could see the beginnings of horns. Tubbo continued flipping through my book, completely unaware of my scrutiny.

He was wearing a light green, long sleeved shirt, and pants with patches. It was strange to me, seeing such a high class person dressing like a commoner. I almost laughed at how hypocritical I was being. I'm literally an undercover Prince dressed like a struggling musician. How ironic.

"Hey Tubbo, what's it like living in the castle with the king? if it's not too personal of a question." He glanced at me.

"Well, it's kind of like being a noble family, except way richer and with a lot more power. But over all, pretty basic. I don't spend much time in the castle, since I prefer hanging out with the townsfolk. Plus, it's not like I'm completely unaware of all the problems Schlatt is causing..."

I put my hand on top of his, and gave him a reassuring squeeze. "It's okay, we can change topics." He nodded, and we started talking about our interests. Tubbo's favourite animal was a bee, his favorite color is white, and he likes nature a lot. He's apparently a really good swimmer as well.

I told him half truths, not being totally honest, but also not completely lying to him. I told him that I liked to play guitar and sing, but I was also interested in art. My favorite color was red, and I told him that my favorite activity was walking through my hometown streets early in the morning.

"Where is your hometown?" He asked, though it didn't surprise me.

"My is currently in The Arctic Empire, but I was born in Pogtopia." I watched as his eyes sparkled in curiosity. "What was Pogtopia like? I've heard so much about it and how cool it was."

I chuckled."I was really young back then, so I don't remember much. It was a good country. People were really nice and helpful. Oh, and the king was very social with people, always helping out when needed." We sat in a comfortable silence as he took all the information in.

"What about your family?"

   I was half amused as I poured my fake life story out to him. He had asked me so many questions, that I thought he would lose his voice.

"And time is up ladies and gentlemen! Let's see what songs our performers have in store for us."

Both Tubbo and I locked eyes as I could see the panic rising in him. "Oh no! I distracted you and now you don't have anything prepared. I'm so so so sorry! I've ruined everything-" I laughed at him, and he stared at me, confused. "What's so funny? Your gonna lose because of me."

"No, I'm not."

"Wha- yes you are!"

I chuckled again. "I won't, because I already have a song." I winked at him.