--a musicians dream--

The place I had chosen to set up was rather beautiful. I was sat in the middle of the town square, right beside the water fountain. The day was early, making the sky a dusty pink. I strummed my guitar, taking a deep breath, and started the lyrics I knew by heart.

"Life isn't quite what I thought I'd be
When I was a kid on VoIP
I thought when I get older
I'd marry her, I told her" I held the r in a sweet tune before switching to the more humorous sound of the next line.

"Now I'm 26' and I work in an office
Nine 'til five's not the best, I'll be honest
If I could change a single thing
I'd make it me and not him"

I picked up the beat, making my voice match the mood of the lyrics. I look up and almost stumbled my words when I saw way more people than before crowding around me with awe like the other musicians in the square.

Concentrating on my music, the words flowed out of my mouth in an almost memorizing way. I was nearing the last two verses, so I continued.

"but he's in your Bed, and I'm in your Twitch chat
I've got the key and he's just a doormat"

I sneaked a look up again, and smiled as Tubbo's face radiated pure joy.

"and even though he's got social skill
doesn't mean I can't pay the bills"

The last couple lines were closing in, and I slowed to match them.

"and I want you to notice me
With no restraining order, please (Jason Derulo)
I want you to care
I want to smell your hair"

As I finished, the crowd clapped and Tubbo cheered happily. "That was amazing! You are very talented." As I was about to thank him, a louder clapping started, and everyone turned to look behind the crowd. A man, with a black hair, a dark blue beanie, and dressed in formal attire. My face paled as I immediately recognised him as the King's fiance. "That was very good, musician. You seem to have caught the attention of Tubbo, after all." He said with a wink.

I stumbled over my words, failing to make a complete sentence, much to Quackity's amusement. "What's your name, musician?"

"I-uh Will. My name is Will" I cursed myself for my stuttering, it happens when I'm caught off guard.

Quakity chuckled at me before saying, "well them, Will, I'm interest in your talents. Here,is an invite to join the music concert to be held during the festival next week. I wish to see you there. "

I feigned complete shock, eyes wide and everything. Shaking my head to 'come back to my senses' I thanked him. "I- thank you!"

He nodded, and then gestured to Tubbo to follow him. Then I realized where I knew Tubbo's name. He is the young Prince, brother to Schlatt. Well, things were working out in my favor.

I stayed in the square for another two hours before looking for a place to stay. As I was checking out in an inn, I saw an all too familiar face waiting outside, across the street from the in. He was incredibly easy to notice, with his white glowing eyes and colorful outfit. Buying my room, I swiftly made my way out of the building and went down an alley way into the shadowy parts.

Once I was sure I was out of sight, I turned to face Eret. "So?"

He double checked behind him, them spoke. "They wanted me to give you this." from under his he handed me a dagger strapped to a belt. It was small and could easily be hidden under clothing. Stealing it to my waist and pulling my undershirt and sweater over it, I thought about telling him about my hidden dagger necklace, but quickly decided against it after recalling how shady he is.

"So what have you accomplished so far, Will?"

I told Erect mostly everything, getting lost, the Prince helping me, playing music for the Prince, the Kings fiance inviting me to join the music concert, everything. "So yeah, things are going way smoother than I thought they would."

"I can see that. Be cautious though. And if there is anything else you need, I'll take care of it."

"Of course, see you next time." and with that, we parted ways, him going to who knows where, and me going back to the inn.

Strolling through the market stalls again, I wondered around boredly. I still had three days until the Festival, and had been here more times than I can count. But as I rounded the corner, a new sight greeted me. A young lad was standing beside a that read 'Music Concert Sign Ups'. Bingo.

I approached him, making sure I fit my assign personality perfectly. "Hello!"

He smiled at me, and held up a paper and pen. "Hi sir. Would you like to sign up for the music concert? Anyone with even a little talent will be there. They say that the best performer will be chosen to work with the king as his personal bard!"

"Really? How interesting. Well, if it's a chance to work for the king, how can I refuse?" I chuckled, writing my given name on the paper. There was barely any room left, showing how much competition he would have. "Well, he a good day then." I waved bye to the kid, heading off to continue aimlessly wandering around.

As I wandered, I soon found out that there were many competitions to be held during the festival. Some options were parkour, build battles, and even fight pit. Unfortunately, my skill sets were limited. I know how to fight, of course, but I didn't really want it to be a known thing.

I grew bored again soon, and decided to visit Margaret. It took me a little more time than I want to admit to find her stall, but I found it eventually. As I approached, I saw that she had set up more odd trinkets. The second she saw me, she eagerly waved. "Your back again, aye? Couldn't stay away from my amazing products?" I chuckled at her, shaking my head.

"What can I say? I was truly surprise last time. What have you got today?" I eyed her wares, though nothing caught my eye. Margaret pointed at random stuff, and showed me there surprises. Apparently almost everything here has some secret. Its like opening a present, never knowing what you'll find.

The majority of them had hidden compartments or something similar. Then Margaret showed me a copper ring that had a rather pretty flower on the top. The secret was that the flower twisted off to reveal a needle that could be coated in poison. It was such an odd thing that I was definitely tempted to buy it.

"Well? What do you think?" I was having second thoughts, because buying too many weapons would be way to suspicious

"Well? What do you think?" I was having second thoughts, because buying too many weapons would be way to suspicious. Staring at the thin needle, I commented, "I don't know, do I really need another weapon? Seems kind of odd to have that lying around without the need to use it." Rubbing my neck sheepishly, I was about to just not buy it.

Margaret had a different idea though. "Well, a handsome young lad like you needs some extra protection here n' there! Plus, I won't tell anyone." She winked at me and I laughed.

"Is this your way of trying to scam me into buying it?" She raised her hands up in a shrug. "What can I say? Business is business." I snorted at that.

"Alright fine! But only because you called me handsome." Margaret chuckled and I exchanged the money. I put the ring on and was surprised by how well it fit. Just as I turned to leave, she grabbed my hand and pulled me in. "And you might need this." She slid a small vial into my hand and then waved me off.

Giving her an odd look, I glanced at the vial and almost choked. It was poison. What an odd old woman.