--snapped--

//(a/n): TYSM FOR 2K READS AJSFWK-
Also I hate adding notes because everyone finds them annoying (don't lie) but sorry about procrastinating on the update. My mental state has been doing loopty loops lately :)//

      I walked out of the study maybe twenty minutes later. It was safe to say that a lot of objects had went flying in Quakity's direction. The two had dismissed me, Schlatt apparently wanting to have a longgggg talk with his fiancé. I closed the door behind me, and started walking away when I jumped and turned around with wide eyes. Then started laughing. Quakity had let out some inhuman screech, and I really didn't want to find out why.

Continuing down the hall, my happy-go-lucky attitude dropped. This mission was complete hell. So far, it was easy enough despite dealing with Schlatts weird flirting. But I knew that wouldn't last. I just had to get him alone, lure him in close, and kill him. Easy right? Wrong. He was always with someone. He didn't trust me yet, but on the bright side, he was paying me special attention. Ugh.

"Is that the new musician?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Hm, he looks so simple and boring. He's got a pretty face though. Probably what got him in." Hushed giggles and more trash talking could be heard from two maids on the other side of the hall.

Either they thought I couldn't hear them, or they didn't think I would say anything.

"I bet he does all sorts of 'favors' for the king. "

"Hah! I mean, if he worked for me, I'd ask for some 'favors' too."

More giggling. My face was red with anger and some disgust. I turned around and quietly walked up behind them, waiting. They had been so caught up in talking about me that they didn't see me turn around.

"Wow you guys really don't have anything better to do with your lives, other than talk shit about people doing better than you, do you?" They both turned around with wide eyes. The bolder one, a brunette with RBF, sneered at me.

"Excuse me? What did you just say!?"

I smiled sweetly. "Did I fucking stutter?"

The blonde gasped, and turned other friend who was seething in anger. The brunette's face grew red in embarrassment and rage. She rashly screamed out, "Well at least I'm not the kings personal whore!"

"I dunno honey, from the way you were talking earlier, you sound like a whore to me. Now I have better things to do then be accused and slut shamed by a nobody." I snapped at her before turning to walk away.

Somebody let out a low, long whistle and we all, the two maids and I, turned around. Shit he saw that. Schlatt and Quakity were standing just outside the door of the study, staring at us. He really wasn't supposed to see that.

Quakity and Schlatt approached, and Schlatt started clapping dramatically. "Well! That was fun!" I could tell he wasn't very happy with the situation. Even Quakity backed off a bit.

I had been so blind and focused on them that I had forgotten the King was just a few doors down. Thankfully, Schlatt focused on the two women in front of me first. "You two seem to have forgotten your status! You are maids. Not nobles. Fucking act how your supposed to."

"Now, Will! Oh sorry, I mean 'the King's personal whore'. "If looks could kill, they would be dead. "Since you where the one offended, what shall I do? Should they be publicly executed? Maybe thrown into the good ol' torture chamber, eh?"

I stared at him for about ten seconds before I realized he wasn't joking.

"Oh! Uh- I don't want to kill anyone!" I pulled on a slightly panicked look.

He chuckled. "Don't worry, babe. You wouldn't be the one killing them. Sure, you would've sentenced them to death, but who cares?"

I choked slightly. Babe? What the hell Schlatt.

"I- doesn't change the whole i-technically-just-murdered-two-people thing, you know what I mean?" Schlatt gave a disappointed look.

He shrugged, then saved over two guards. "Take them down to cell B. They will be privately executed."

I stared at him with wide eyes. "Schlatt-!"

The two maids instantly broke into sobs, begging and pleading for their lives. Reality dawned on me, and I remembered why I was ordered to kill Schlatt. He was a cruel tyrant. This only proved it.

As I watched the guards dragged the woman away, and a shiver crept down my spine. Sure, I had killed before. But that was all for a reason. This was just unnecessary.

I flinched as Schlatt wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I looked at him, and he gave me a cold, sinister smile. "First rule of the castle. Don't fuck with the king. Or any of his property." The way he said the last sentence unnerved me, since he was implying I was his property.

"Also, pretty boy's got spunk. I like that."

Schlatt waved a goodbye, before he sauntered off down the hall, Quakity in tow. I watched him leave, not daring to utter a word. As he rounded the corner, I let out a groan and ran my fingers through my hair. Well. Fuck.

Day two in the palace and I already got two people killed. So we are off to an amazing start! I rolled my eyes and walked the opposite way, not wanting to deal with people for the rest of the day.