--first day on the job--

The sun glared at me through the extremely large window in my room. I returned the glare and groaned as I pushed myself out of the comfy bed. A clock told me it was five a.m.. Fucking five. I cursed myself for my sleep schedule, and got dressed. I wore a sweater again, this one a pastel blue. Why I had packed so many sweaters, I did not know.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I ruffled my already messy brown fluff, then combed it neatly, something I was only doing on this mission so I wasn't as recognizable. I was also wearing light colors, opposed to my usually dark clothing. Dropping my necklace down underneath the sweater, I also slid my ring on to my finger. As odd as it was, I missed Margaret and her oddities. When this whole thing was over, I was going to pay that woman handsomely.

I left my room far too early, walking through the halls. It was quite, and very peaceful. Remember the tour from yesterday, I walked to the library, almost getting lost several times. Schlatt, Quakity, and I were supposed to meet around seven to discuss my schedule, so I had plenty of time to spare.

The library was as empty as everywhere else. Tubbo had said that no one really used it unless they had to, so it would be deserted the majority of the time.

Traveling through the stacks, I skimmed over the book titles boredly. Reading had always been Techno's thing, just as music had been mine. I smiled at the memory, missing my family somewhat. While walking through the library, I noticed a pair of glass doors leading to a small balcony with a set of chairs on it.

I entered, closing the doors behind me. It was warm outside today, and the early morning breeze making the whole place feel very comfortable. Plopping down in to one of the chairs, I relaxed. Watching the sky, the orange-and-pink mix was very lovely. Before I knew it, my eyes began to droop against my will. Guess I was still pretty tired. My mind slowed, as did my breathing and my eyes fluttered closed. Sleep greeted me with open arms.

    "Lover boy?"

"Are- Are you asleep?"

I squinted and let out a soft groan as I woke up. I shifted in my seat, back aching from the odd position I was in. When had I fallen asleep? Peeking open my eyes, I jumped and my eyes went wide. Standing above me was a familiar face. Schlatt. The goat man was grinning down at me, with his overly confident personality.

Shaking off the initial shock, I grumbled, "What do you want?" Although it was basically unintelligible with sleep.

He chuckled. "You know, you're cute when you sleep." My cheeks flushed, much to my surprise. I looked away from him, avoiding eye contact.

"...whatever." I mumbled at him.He snorted at my sleepy mood, before taking a seat across from me. I pretended to ignore his gaze, instead looking at his watch. It was only six, meaning I had slept for just under an hour.

Schlatt struck up a conversation, making me internally die at having to talk. "So what are you doing out here, pretty boy?"

"How did we get from lover boy to pretty boy?" I fake chucked.

He winked at me. "Avoiding the question, are we?"

With a sigh I slipped into my fake personality, "I woke up early and decided to come here since Tubbo had shown me the library yesterday! I figured since I had nothing else to do, I would sit out here. Next thing I know, I wake up to you standing over me,"

He seemed to doubt my answer, which was odd because it was actually true. I shifted awkwardly in my seat as he studied me once more.

"I like that sweater. Pretty shade of blue. Anyways, we should head to my study and meet with Quakity." Schlatt got up and started walking before I could even say anything. I glared at him from behind before following.

As we walked, it was incredibly quiet. Luckily, we reached his study before he decided to start a conversation.

His study was pretty basic, desk, chair, random shelves of stuff. Basic. Quakity was already sitting in one of the chairs that were in front of the desk. He waved at me excitedly. I smiled at him and took a seat opposite of him. Schlatt went around and sat in his chair.

"Alright, Wil, let's discuss your schedule. "

Long story short, I would preform during parties and balls, or when Jschlatt just needed me too. I didn't complain.

Quakity had apparently labeled him as the most entertaining person in the room, and was quick to strike up a conversation. "You know, Wil, when in the competition I noticed you didn't put a last name. What that about, eh?"

Schlatt leaned over his desk, the topic obviously interesting him as well. "Well lover boy?"

"So we're back to lover boy now?" I chuckled at him. He clicked his tongue. "Avoiding the question are we?"

I rolled my eyes. "My last name is Soot." It technically wasn't a lie. Soot was my middle name, that literally no one new about, save for my family.

"Wil Soot? Sounds familiar..." Quakity said, tapping his finger on the arm of the chair. "I just can't place it though."

I shrugged. "Dunno why, I'm not famous or anything. Probably sounds like the name of some one you know." I spun my wring around my finger nervously. It sounded familiar to him?

Quakity sighed. "Probably. Anyways, since you literally have nothing to do today, you'll be free to hang out later. I want to get to know the person my fiancé is obsessing about- ah! Schlatt!" The goat man had thrown a book at Quackity, sending him a cold glare before coughing and switching the subject.

"Anyways!"

I chuckled, "No no, I want to hear what he was about to say."

Quakity's eyes lit up with mischief. "Oh well I said-"

"Quakity." Schlatt growled. The raven haired male fluttered his eyes innocently. "Yes, baby?" The other made a disgusted face and rolled his eyes. "Don't you dare."

"Aw come on, it can't be that bad!" I laughed.

The glare turned to me. Quakity tried again.

"I said"

"Shut up."

"That he-"

"Quakity I will hurt you."

"Is obsessed with-"

Another book was thrown, but he dodge it with a grin.

"You." Schlatt groaned.

"I am not." They be an bickering. "Then why won't you stop talking about him?" Schlatt's volume increases "I don't talk about him!" Quakity laughed. "You said, and I quote, that he was 'unbearably hot' and that you wanted to take advantage of his naive personality."

"Okay, that last part is not true!"

"But you were thinking it!"

I was actually dying of laughter. In a weird way, it was as flatter as it was unsettling. My enemy was already talking about me like that. And I just met him yesterday! I guess I left a good impression...