--the winner is--

Tubbo and I waited for the last person to finish their performance. The seconds ticked by, making a couple minutes feel like an eternity. As the music outside slowed, and eventually stopped, the crowd cheered, and the announcer stepped back up on stage.

"Alright! Let us give the king time to make his decision!" I peeked out from backstage, and saw Schlatt whispering to his fiańce, Quackity. After they discussed something, they wrote down something on a piece of paper. The announcer came and took it from them before walking back to the middle of the stage. The tension in the air was enough to crush someone, and the odd silence was deafening.

He cleared his throat before unfolding the paper. "And the winner is... ((a/n: gonna be revealed after this short break! Joking))"

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. It was if sound decided to take a break and have a fucking tea party, leaving us all in an echoing silence.

"Will!" And the crowd went completely wild.

I was frozen in shock. Tubbo was shaking me saying, "You did it!"

I looked at him with an almost loopy grin. Tubbo was jumping excitedly and congratulating me. Everything felt like a dream. But I quickly shook myself back to reality. Reminding myself that I was here for a reason, I turned and put my guitar back into its case, along with my lyric book. I was in.

           I was yet to actually speak with Schlatt yet. It was early in the morning, Tubbo insisting that I come to the castle the second I wake up, and bring all my belongings.

"And here is where you will be staying! You can go ahead and put up your belongings." Tubbo was currently giving ma a tour. I nodded, and opened the door to the room. It was a lushly decorated room, were the carpet looked more expensive then my life. I just shoved my bags in the room, promising myself I would organize it all later. Yeah right.

I walked back out, and gestured for Tubbo to continue the tour.

"Here is the ballroom. Schlatt has parties like- once a week here. You'll probably have to attend one soon. And this way is the throne room! We will just peak in, since it's usually pretty crowded." I looked through the doorway. Yup, it was crowded. A lot of people were running around to do their daily tasks. The thrones were currently unoccupied, Schlatt and Quakity being elsewhere.

We continued, the tour taking a lot longer than I thought. It was afternoon by the time he finished.

"So yeah! That's basically it, except for the private rooms. Any questions?" tubbo smiled up at me sweetly. I was about to respond before a different voice cut in.

"Just one. Is that lover boy I see?" lover boy? Who the fu- oh.

Schlatt stood, leaning against a wall, only a couple feet away. Bloody hell, he was a lot hotter up close- I MEaN wHEn dID He GeT tHeRE?

Tubbo and I glanced at eachother, then back at him. Apparently, Tubbo's reaction time was a lot faster than mine. "Oh! Hi Schlatt! I thought you were busy."

"I was. Now I'm not." He shrugged. I internally cringed. Wow, great reply. 'No shit Sherlock.'

He walked over to us, his demeanor putting me on edge. I was about to speak up and introduce myself, when he got a little bit too close. I automatically backed up in response. He continued advancing on me, and I continued backing up.

Then, my back slammed into the wall. I flinched, and then froze. Schlatt basically had me pinned. His arms were on the wall behind me, and he was barely an inch away from my face. We locked eyes for a few, long seconds. (Oh mah gawd it's an anime-)

Anyone else would have either panicked, blushed, or done something in between. Not me, apparently. Because I doubled over laughing.

"What's so funny? What the fuck is funny?" He yelled. He still had me pinned, but I couldn't control myself. After a few seconds, I calmed myself. Wiping a tear from my eye. I looked down at him. And smiled innocently.

"Well, your majesty, it's just cute that you tried this. I'm not exactly your basic damsel. I'm like- 6'5 (195.58cm) and you, well you are not." He looked kind of shocked. I guess he's used to short, easy-to-swoon, damsels in distress.

I wasn't too much taller than him, but it was still noticeable. He looked at me in silence, before smirking. "Well, tall or not, that doesn't change the situation." He moved his hands on my chin in a way that forced me to look at him. So he likes cliche shit huh-

Tubbo cleared his throat awkwardly, bringing Schlatt and I back to reality. Schlatt backed off, and I turned my face, covering it with my hand. A light blush had spread across my face against my will. I blamed it on the embarrassment. Totally not because of that-

"Anyways... Ignoring whatever that was, I just finished showing Will around. He should be free for whatever you have planned today." Tubbo said, changing topics. I rubbed my neck sheepishly, feigning a cute embarrassed look. Yup, totally fake.

Schlatt nodded at Tubbo. "Well, I was gonna give him time to settle in today, and let us start discussing his schedule tomorrow." Tubbo shook his head in agreement, and Schlatt wigged at me, then sauntered off to do whatever the fuck he did during his free time. Probably harass random people and flirt. And probably drink.

"That sounds like a good plan. Now, What do you want to do? " Tubbo asked, looking up at me. I barely noticed, eyes locked on Schlatt's retreating form. Twisting my ring around my finger in thought, I absent mindedly responded to his question, still in partial shock at what had just happened.

"I have no idea."