finding mari

Chat jumped from rooftop to rooftop, searching through all of Paris, but feeling more and more hopeless with every time his pole hit the ground, as he felt like he was chasing his own tail. He didn't know where to start. However, once he saw the Dupain-Chengs bakery, he thought maybe he could use that as a starting point. He walked through the bakery door to see Tom and Sabine sitting at a table, looking stressed and tired. "Hey Tom and Sabine." Chat said. Tom and Sabine looked up, surprised to see him. "I heard about what happened with Marinette. Is there anyway I can help?" He asked as if it would make a difference, as he very well knew he would look for her either way,

"The police are already on this case, but if you insist I'm sure you can help us!" Sabine said warmly, although Chat could see the worry in her eyes. Chat sat down at the table with them to discuss everything they knew, and so far there really wasn't a lot. They discussed the possibilities of her running away, being kidnapped, but none of it really added up. She was suppose to be at school during the time of the akuma attack, but according to her friends Marinette went to the bathroom and never came back. Adrien went to the bathroom around the same time as Marinette to transform, and now that he knows Marinette is Ladybug, so she was doing the same. Chat knows exactly where Marinette was when she disappeared, but he can't tell her parents that without revealing her identity. All Chat wants to find out is if Marinette went home after he saw her disappear into the mob. 

"When was the last time you saw Marinette?" Chat asked.

"Friday morning when she left for school." Tom replied.

"Ok thank you so much for your time, I'm feeling better about this now." Chat said as he stood up and walked out the door. Chat didn't wanna waste any time, after seeing the look on Marinette's parents faces, he didn't wanna keep them waiting any longer. Now Cat Noir knows that Marinette did disappear in mob and hasn't been seen by anyone since. Now Chat has one person in mind. Hawkmoth. It would make sense, he could've taken her when he wasn't looking, or maybe she had been hit and went crazy, making her easier to kidnap. This terrified Chat, as he had no idea where Hawkmoth was or when he would see him again. Now Chat was certain that Ladybug was alive, just in Hawkmoth's lair without her miraculous. He knew it was gonna be very difficult to save her, so he made a plan.

Cat Noir decided that if he was going to find Hawkmoth he would have to wait for an akumatized  villain in order to find hawkmoth directly, as that was the only possible way to find his lair. It would be painful, but he knew he would have to wait it out. Cat Noir leaps from rooftop to rooftop back to his home again. He is miserable, missing Marinette, and hating himself for not noticing that she was Ladybug. All Adrien wants to do right now is tell Marinette how he feels, but he can't. He knew that recently he was starting to feel different about her. There was no doubt that he still loved Ladybug, but the way Marinette stood up for him so he could go to New York, and when they danced in the moonlight, he felt differently than he always had, he felt like she was more than just a friend. 

Adrien walks outside his room while his father walks into his own room, and that reminds him that he needs to ask if he can skip Chinese this weekend for a Marinette search party. As he approaches his father he freezes at the doorway, and creeps back. His father is standing facing a painting of his mother and pressing on what looks like hidden buttons on the surface of the image. Then he steps back and sinks down on a platform into a circular hole which looks as if it's leading to another room. Adrien covers his mouth in shock. What is my father hiding from me? After the hole has closed Adrien runs to the painting and feels for the buttons. He finds them, but knows he can't go down. He has to keep this knowledge a secret from his father, at least until he can get down there alone. 

"Ok Plagg something is going on. Did you just see what my dad did?"

"Yeah no kidding. You're lucky he didn't see you or else you might as well be rotten cheese!"