a broken friendship

This chapter is in Marinette's point of view, continuing from the last chapter.

Oh my gosh, did we fall asleep? I sat up and examined my surroundings, and then looked down at the beautiful boy that I was just laying on. Oh gosh, did I just say he was beautiful? I can't fall for Chat, I like Adrien! No, I should like Chat, I'm finally getting over Adrien, I can't go back, plus, recently my feelings about Cat Noir have been so different, so much more powerful, and just staring at him makes me feel a way that I've never felt about a boy before, not even Adrien. And I can talk to Chat so easily, I can't talk to Adrien without stumbling over my words! Oh no, what time is it? "Cat Noir, wake up!" I said to Chat, while shaking him lightly. His arms felt so strong, I can't believe I just slept in them.

"Marinette, what's going on? And what is that awful noice?" Chat said to me. It was my first time hearing what his voice sounded like in the morning, gosh it was attractive. No. I have to stop thinking like this, we have a lot to get done! 

"We fell asleep." I said while picking up my phone laying near Chat's head. I had to touch his hair to reach it. It felt so soft as my arm brushed against it, so silky and perfect. "Oh no, it's 1 am! We have to go now if we are going to catch Hawkmoth!"

"You're right M'lady, although I was feline quiet nice so close to you." I felt my cheeks turn hot.

"There's no time for jokes, Kitty." Although I didn't mean to, right after I said that I couldn't help but giggle and look the other way to hide my smile and probably my bright red cheeks. "If it wasn't for all that noise, we probably would've slept till morning. What do you think it is?" Marinette listened closely to the symphony of bangs and shatters. Boom, bang, boom. 

"I don't know, but maybe you should transform so we can go check it out." Cat noir said, adjusting himself to look over the ledge on the side of the building. "It seems like it's coming from inside."

"Make sure no one can see me. Tiki, spots on!" Right after I transformed, I tied my yoyo around a post, and then grabbed Cat Noir. "It sounds like the noises are coming from this area over here," I said pointing to the corner of the building. "We can lower down slowly looking through all the windows, and see if we can see anything."

"Perfect plan as always, M'lady." Those words sounded so perfect coming from his lips. 

"Hold on tight! It's a long fall from up here." I said while hopping over the edge and putting me feet against the side of the building. The drop really was long, probably five stories.

"M'lady you can't stop me from falling, it's too late. I'm already in love." I giggled louder than I usually would. I don't know if it's because I'm falling too, or his joke was just better than usual. I could feel the loud sounds were lower, so I continued to bounce down until it sounded like it was on the story. The third story. As I peered through the window, everything felt tense and suspicious, like when someone is about to open a door in a horror movie. I felt Chat shiver, and I then knew he felt it too. Something was wrong. The noises stopped for a moment, and then there was a scream and a bang. I looked at Chat and we both shared a look of terror, as we had no idea what was going on in there, we just knew we had to help right away. 

"Kitty, close your eyes, we're going in!" I said as I jumped out to the side gathering momentum and positioning my feet towards the window to break it. It was so terrifying as we flew towards the window, as although our eyes were closed right now, we were horrified about what we would see once we opened them again. As I entered through the window I felt the sharp broken glass scrape my cheeks and I heard Chat yell. The noise was ten times louder in here. Boom, bang, boom. I wiped the glass and blood off my face and away from my eyes, and then saw what looked like a bedroom, with a bed and a dresser, and posters all over the walls. I turned around and saw Cat Noir staring behind him, at what looked like was two teenagers. The blond one, with a glass water bottle in her hand,  looked angry and was pinning the brunette against the wall. The brunette had a look of fear in her eyes more powerful than any look of fear I had ever seen before. Chat and I slowly stood up not knowing what to say or do. 

"What's going on here?" Chat said looking confused and scared, a look I don't usually see on him. 

"She's trying to kill me! She wants to steal my identity!" The brunette said, and it wasn't until now that I realized how shockingly similar they looked. "Look, she cut off my finger to get in my phone. This girl is crazy!" I gasped. It was true, the end of her index finger was gone. 

"She stole my life, my hobbies, my family, my boyfriend! And now the only way for me to get all that back is to become her!" The angry blond said.

"Look, before you do anything that you'll regre... AN AKUMA! LADYBUG QUICK!" Chat screamed frantically at me, and as fast as I possibly could I captured it right as it was in front of the brunette's face. 

"Do you see what you almost did? She almost got akumatized!" I said very loudly, almost a yell, as if I was just a second late to capturing that akuma, it would've been too late.

"I'm not scared of you Ladybug, or you kitty cat, she ruined my life. And I am getting it back whether she likes it or no-" The blond was interrupted by Chat tackling her to the ground. I quickly grabbed the brunette and asked her where her finger was, and she pointed to the bedside table. Sure enough there it was. 

"Ok, we are going to the hospital to get it sewn back on. Hold on tight, ok?"

"Of course, Ladybug. Thank you for saving my life!"

"Cat Noir, follow us with her! She is coming with her friend to the hospital if she likes it or not!"

"Ok M'lady, but this one is going to be hard to handle!" Chat said as he tried to contain the struggling blonde girl. As I looked deep into her eyes, you could see pain. Perhaps that was her motive for her cruel actions. Once I heard that you can tell everything about someone by their eyes, and I believe that to be true. It's not the color or the shape, it's the soul that defines how your eyes look. Whether you're happy, or sad, or angry, or in pain, you can see it all in the eyes. And that girl was in pain. Both of them were. 

I jumped out the window with Chat right behind me, both of us with girls in our arms that were so broken, it seemed as if they could crumble through our grip at any given time. The hospital was just a couple blocks away but it felt like the longest couple blocks I've ever gone. Our night certainly did not go as planned, but I'm glad it went this way, because if that girl really was going to kill her friend, we saved her, and that is the best feeling on earth.

At the hospital we checked them in and soon the police arrived to question the blond, and the brunette was taken in and they were able to sew her finger back on. We found out their names. The aggressive blond's name was Lily and the brunettes name was Sam. They were a friendship gone rogue, and that is one of the most dangerous things. In a broken friendship you both have so much power over each other through knowledge, and you have the power to expose each other with that knowledge or use it against each other, and if you decide to, thing's start to become dangerously messy. 

From then on the situation was no longer in our hands, so we left. By the time it was all over, however, the sun was rising. We didn't have anymore time to catch Hawkmoth that night, but it all ended up working out in the end, and we still have a few more nights until he moves.

As Chat and I were going back to my house, he told me something that I won't ever forget.

"Hey Marinette, can you promise that no matter what, we will always be friends? I couldn't bear to have you see me like those girls see each other."

"Cat Noir, although I don't know your identity, but I know that no matter what happens I will always value our friendship and won't let anything get into between it." I said as we approached an alley that I would transform back in.

"Wait M'lady, can I tell you something?" He said this while slowing down and grabbing my hand and holding my waist, pulling me closer. I felt butterflies in my stomach and couldn't take my eyes off of his.

"Of course you can." I responded nervously.

"I love you Marinette, I really love you."

This chapter was a little different because I wanted you guys to have an insight on Marinette's feelings about everything going on, but next chapter will go back to third person limited with Adrien. I could not find who's cover art this was, but it does have a small signature on the lower right hand corner that I couldn't read. If you know who's it is please tell me so I can give credit for this beautiful artwork! ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K TOTAL VIEWS!!! The next chapter comes tomorrow:) Make sure if you are enjoying it either comment or vote because feedback helps me a lot! And just a quick disclaimer, I do not own any part of miraculous ladybug.