caught

"Ok Tiki, are you ready to transform?" Marinette said to her kwami while standing in a boy's bathroom stall with Adrien.

"Ready whenever you are M'lady!"

"Ok, let's countdown! 3-2-1!" Marinette transformed, but Adrien hesitated.

"Marinette, stop!" Adrien whispered as he heard footsteps coming towards the bathroom door followed by the sound of the door swinging open.

"Adrien! What's going on here?" Chloe said while walking into the bathroom.

"Yeah Adrien, what's going on?" Said Lila, by her side. "We saw you run in here so fast with Marinette, we couldn't help but be worried!"

"M-Marinette?" Adrien said frantically inside the stall, turning his head towards Ladybug silently mouthing what they should do. "Oh, she had a bloody nose! I had to get her a tissue! She's gone by now though." Adrien said opening the stall door slightly and walking out suspiciously.

"Oh, you dropped your phone!" Chloe said walking past him towards the stall with Lila following her, who looked Adrien up and down and winking as she walked by, making Adrien uncomfortable. Adrien stepped in front of them as they approached the stall and put his arm in the way.

"I promise you, you don't need to go in there!" Adrien said convincingly.

"Why not? Your phone is in there! Fine, I'll just climb under." Chloe insisted as she shoved Adrien and climbed under the stall, grabbed the phone, and then looked up. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng? With Adrikins? Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!"

"It's not what it looks like, I promise!" Marinette said as Chloe stood up inside of the stall, unlocking and opening the door. Marinette instantly blushed as she saw Adrien and then awkwardly waved at the angry Lila.

"Marinette? You were with Marinette? How is a girl like her with you when you could be with me? I'm more in your league, don't you think?" Lila said and then turned and stared Adrien deep in the eyes, but he quickly broke eye contact to help Marinette down from the toilet. As he lifted her down he grabbed her waist and she put her arms on his shoulders while they made deep eye contact which made them both turn bright red, but that was quickly ruined by Lila separating them and wrapping her arms around Adrien instead.

"Adrien, you are way too good for-" Lila was interrupted.

"Sorry, but we gotta go. Talk to you later!" Adrien said with a friendly smile while pushing Lila off of him and grabbing Marinette's hand and pulling her out of the bathroom, which was difficult, as Marinette could not take her angry eyes off of Lila and Chloe, who always seemed to want to ruin her life. However, Adrien could tell it satisfied Marinette to see their body language, almost identical with one hand on their hips and picking their nails in the other, with angry and irritated faces.

"Marinette, why did you transform back?" Adrien questioned Marinette as they ran to the girl's bathroom this time to transform.

"They knew you went in there with Marinette, and therefore they could've figured out I'm Ladybug. I had no choice, I didn't mean to humiliate you like that. I'm sorry. " Marinette said looking downwards to the side with an embarrassed and guilty expression.

"M'Lady, you did anything but embarrass me. I don't mind them thinking we're an item anyways! We are, aren't we?" Adrien looked to the side and winked at Marinette running next to him. Marinette blushed and her downhearted face turned to a familiar gentle smile.

"Y-yeah, you're great! I mean, that sounds great!" Marinette said and then looked at Adrien and they both laughed.

Adrien and Marinette arrived at the boy's bathroom. "Okay, we gotta go quick this time M'lady! Plagg claws out!" Adrien said.