you and me, always forever

"Ayla! Did you really think I was dating Cat Noir? I like Adrien! And I can tell you they are not the same person." Marinette said in a high pitched tone of voice, attempting to be convincing.

"Yeah! She was just- uh- helping me, with a superhero mission! I needed her to get rid of some important files containing my identity! So she flushed it down the toilet!" Chat said in the same tone as Marinette.

"Oh yeah, sure. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret, Adrien." Ayla said emphasizing "Adrien" and winking at Chat and walking out before they could say anything else.

"Adrien, what are we gonna do? She knows our identity's!" Marinette whispered loudly to Chat.

"Well if we go defeat Mayura right now, that won't be an issue, and I'm sure we can find a way out of this. You can get your way out of anything, M'lady" Chat replied assuringly, and leaned in for a kiss. Marinette stopped him by putting her finger on his lips.

"Not the time, kitty, we have to go! Tiki spots on!" Chat and Ladybug left the school, making sure no one saw them to avoid questions and went straight to the Agreste's. At the gate of the home, they decided to first check hawkmoth's lair together, as they wanted to be stronger. Chat used his stick to bounce high enough to see through to opening, and surely, Mayura was standing there. She looked sad and confused, almost as if she was going through a process of grief now that she lost Gabriel. Chat felt pity for her, as he related to her. He lost Gabriel too, even if he never had a good relationship with him, he was still his father. Chat came back down to the ground with Ladybug.

"Ok M'lady, are you ready?" Chat asked Ladybug.

"Whenever you are!" Ladybug replied confidently.

"Cataclysm!" Chat yelled as he jumped through the large window while holding Ladybug in his arms. "Sorry Mayura, but your games are over." Chat said as they landed in front of her, Chat twirling his stick and Ladybug spinning her yoyo expecting Mayura to fight back. Mayura got into a fighting position, but then fell to the ground, weak, and coughed. Chat and Ladybug looked at each other, confused.

"Duusuu, de-transform me." Natalie said as she fell back, now having issues breathing, and tried to stand up, but couldn't. Chat and Ladybug approached Natalie, who was now laying on her back. Ladybug squatted down and took the peacock miraculous off of her shirt without her resisting at all.

"We've gotta take her to a hospital." Chat said worriedly.

"You're right, let's go." Ladybug said as she and Chat picked her up and put her in between them.

"No, don't," Mayura said weakly but was ignored as her condition was critical. Ladybug and Chat left carrying her similar to how they carried Gabriel on the way to the police station, but they didn't need to have her tied up because of her weakness.

"What do you think happened M'lady?" Chat asked in an curious tone.

"This looks like a broken Miraculous, which can impact the owner's health. She's really lucky we're here." Ladybug replied, looking back at Natalie who was now sleeping. As they arrived at the hospital they walked her inside. The doctor asked what happened, and Chat was close to ratting her out and saying that she was Mayura, but then he remembered something. His whole life he had been seeking the satisfaction of his father, so he assumed that was what Natalie was doing too. He knew Natalie was a genuinely nice person, and all of her evil came from the influence of Gabriel, and sure that didn't justify what she's done, but he thought she deserved another chance at life, without Gabriel or the miraculous. As Ladybug opened her mouth to speak, Chat looked at Ladybug assuringly and spoke up.

"We don't know what's going on, but she says she's been ill for a while now. We found her weak on the sidewalk." Chat said and then looked at Natalie who was now in a wheelchair.

"Thank you. All of us appreciate you two and everything you do for Paris." The doctor said sincerely. Chat and Ladybug looked at each other and smiled sneakily.

"Well, you'll be seeing a lot less of us from now on. We've got a feeling the akuma attacks will be pretty much non-existent from here on out." Ladybug said with an certain and optimistic look on her face. Chat looked at her admiringly. They did it. They finally did it. Chat and Ladybug turned around, but Chat looked back at Natalie and smiled, hoping things would get better for her. As Chat and Ladybug walked outside, the sky had turned dark and the moon peeked above the horizon.

"Come on M'lady, I've got a surprise for you." Chat grabbed Ladybug's hand and pulled her close to her as he extended his pole into the sky. Chat saw Ladybug's cheeks turn bright red as they flew through the air and he smiled at her. He was so proud of her, he couldn't even begin to express it. After a few blocks, there it was. The building Chat took Ladybug the first night they planned to defeat Hawkmoth, now there again, on the final night of their superhero duties. Chat brought them up to the top and they sat down next to each other on the rooftop overlooking the stretching city with the large moon above it. Chat looked down at his rapidly blinking ring, but did not respond and let himself transform back to Adrien. Now he and Ladybug's relationship was in harmony, with no secrets or anything to hide.

"Tiki spots off." Ladybug transformed back as well, and now there it was, two school kids with a crazy secret sitting together on the ledge of a building, but feeling safe, as they could never feel unsafe when they had each other.

"Marinette, thank you. For everything. You are the bravest and most kindhearted person I've ever met, and I wouldn't be who I am without you. I really will miss saving Paris with you, M'lady." Chat said in a kind voice which quivered at the end, and now a small but powerful tear trickled down his face as he recalled all the special moments that he and Marinette shared, sad and happy alike, made him feel pure joy. Marinette looked at Adrien, sharing the same nostalgia. She wiped his tear away and leaned her head on him.

"I love you Adrien, and that will never change." Marinette grabbed his hand and fell back off of the small ledge and onto the surface of the building as they laid side by side staring at the stars. Adrien's life was always difficult and sometimes it was hard to find the joy in it, but now when he was with Marinette, it all felt okay. He was happy and everything else was blurred out of his mind. Adrien watched Marinette lift her phone above them and tapped on her playlist, called hopeless romantic. The first song was "Always Forever" by Cults.

"You and me, always forever." Adrien and Marinette sang quietly, and then both stopped and looked to the side, giggling at themselves out of embarrassment. As they calmed down, Adrien wrapped his arms around Marinette as they stared at the stars without a worry in the world, letting the music carry to them to sleep.

Thank you all so much for reading this story! This gorgeous fan-art is by shokkyu on Reddit and is breathtaking! I loved writing this and I hope you loved reading it! If you did please vote or comment as your feedback means the world to me! Please send me any ideas you have for a new story, either a fan-fiction or something else, as I would love to hear what you guys have in mind! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 82 THOUSAND VIEWERS AND FOR READING!!

Here's a disclaimer, I do not own any part of Miraculous, The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir.