m'lady, wait!

This chapter is back into third person limited with Adrien, which is kwhere it's told in third person but it is through the eyes of Adrien, therefore we know all of his thoughts and actions. This is the same as it was before the most recent chapter.

Chat was starting to get nervous. He was staring at Ladybug, who he had just confessed his feelings for officially. She had said she loved him earlier, but was that just a spur of the moment?

"Cat Noir, I love you too. But I'm not ready for anything yet, you see, I-, it's just too soon." Chat didn't know what to think.

"It's the other boy isn't it, do you still really love him?" Chat said sweetly.

"I still love him, but I don't have a foolish crush on him anymore. It's more that I forgot what it feels like to not have feelings for him, so I'm not used to it yet. I think it's best that I get used to it before I move on with someone else."

"I understand. Don't feel pressured to move on too fast, I'm not in a rush. But I'll always be waiting for you bugaboo." Chat said, and then winked and left. Chat was feeling anxious. The person that was in between him and Marinette was himself. If only she knew my identity. She'll like me right away if she knows I'm Adrien. No, I am my true self as Cat Noir, and I'm sure she'll like me that way. It's worth the wait. Isn't it? Chat's mind kept putting thought after thought into his head, and he was becoming indecisive about what to do. I'll just wait, that's what's best for me, that's all I've been doing anyways. And right now I'm closer than ever. 

As Cat Noir got closer to his home, he started thinking about the biggest issue, which was that he had been out all night with no explanation. Hopefully his father didn't notice, but if he did Adrien couldn't even imagine the consequences. Chat decided to go through his window to play it off as that he was in his room the whole time. "Ok, deep breathe in, deep breathe out." Chat said to himself. Staring at his window from outside the gate, Chat looked around to make sure no one was watching, and counted down. "3,2,1!" Chat catapulted himself through the air and as he got closer to the small glass opening, and saw two figures standing there, and as he got closer, he saw it was Gabriel and Natalie! Oh no, oh no, I have to go back! My identity will be revealed if they see me. Chat thought fast and knew there was one thing he could do as he flew through the air; "Plagg, claws in!" Adrien tumbled into his room, with his father and Natalie turning around with looks of anger and confusion. 

"What is going on Adrien, where did you come from." Natalie said in a harsher tone then usual. "We have been looking for you all morning."

"Oh.. I... I went on a morning jog! And I was feeling a bit down and I saw an akuma coming towards me! I yelled and ran, but luckily Ladybug was there to capture it. Then she dropped me off at home and I told her to just throw me through the window!" Then it hit him. He forgot about one crucial part of his story. His father would know whether or not he had released and akuma that morning, but there was no akuma that morning. His father would see right through his lie, even if he couldn't say anything about it without revealing his identity as Hawkmoth. Gabriel and Natalie looked at each other suspiciously and walked out of his room and closed the door behind them, and Adrien heard them starting to talk quietly. Adrien tip-toed to the door to try and listen. 

"Yes, something must be going on, you never released an akuma this morning, did you?" Natalie said to Gabriel behind the door.

"It could've been a lost akuma, one ladybug forgot to capture awhile ago." Gabriel replied back. "What else would've explained him flying through the window like that, only a miraculous holder could be responsible!"

"You may want to consider that Adrien and Ladybug could be seeing each other. I've seen them on TV together and they've always seemed pretty close."