Still.... ~ 1

DaRing_deVIL had given me this idea long, long ago but then I guess they say, 'Better late then never' and so here is the story

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Virat sat in his room agitated, everywhere there were news of him being aggressive, of him being a captain who loses finals and he just realized it was being too much.

However, someone noticed his demeanor......It was someone who has already been through the same blames, who has already faced the same heat, and he may be no longer in the team but he can't allow a kid to be sad, no matter what.

And so he silently entered the room, and switched off the TV, startling Virat,

Vi: Sir aap?

And 'Dada' just came up and sat beside him on the bed silently as Vi was wondering what he should do,

Suddenly Dada spoke breaking the silence,

Dada: Do these people know how much effort you have put in yourself?

And Virat just sat down without an answer,

Dada: Do these people know how much hard it was for you to be at the position you are today? Or how much difficult it might be for you to put a smile on your face even after the loss for the presentation? Or for that matter how much tough it is to take care of team after losing?

And Virat could just shake his head in a NO

Dada: Then why does it matter what such people who don't even know your slightest efforts say, they have never been in the position you are in and so they are no one to speak about you.

However, Virat was still looking down,

Dada: Virat? (making him look up) Will you sitting down, concerned about the people who don't have a face help you? Will it make India gain anything? When you know it's a 'No', just let it go, and work hard and come back stronger and then these same people will sing your praises.

Virat(sighing): I just donno.. ...I feel I am not good enough

Dada: And who said that??

Vi: India usually loses....

Dada (cutting him off): But do you think there's someone else out there who can lead the side better than you, who can come back stronger after a loss, or someone who won't allow even one ounce of the negativity to reach his kids

And as Virat was quiet coz he knew the answer,

Dada: Then trust me you are the best captain your team has.....

As Dada saw Virat contemplating on his words and was looking much better, he got up to leave...

Virat(softly): Kya aapko bhi log aise....???

Dada(smiling): They did...they always do.......it does feel bad, but then I guess I had learnt it........and so I am telling you- It doesn;t matter who says what, as long as you know your team put in full efforts, as long as your team supports you as a captain, as long as your kids believe you. Now come...get up, lets go for dinner and also remember not eating food doesn't solve problems (patting his back)

Virat just couldn't help but smile, no one has ever been able to make him speak his thoughts and calm him down but his Mahi Bhai and now he knows how his Mahi Bhai has learnt the magic.

As Dada and Virat sat down and ate in amicable silence with Dada being caring towards him, they were no longer in a strict professional relation.........they do share some personal relation now.