Scared Without You

*Well before jumping to the story, just look at the pic....doesn't Ms look so adorable when he is looking at Dada...so all kinds of ideas on what the convo must be between Dada-Mahi in this pic is welcome* 

DaRing_deVIL see I am being influenced by you.

And after a lot of talking, here's the story...

After 2008, Dada's retirement....

A man's phone rings at 1.30 am IST

M: Haan bolo baccha

Caller(c): How do you know its me??.....Anyways I called to tell u u r very bad and I am never talking to you again

Man: Baccha??? Whhyyyy????Ab kya hua, (and leaves from his room lest he disturbs his child and wife)

He comes out and sits on the recliner relaxing his back, knowing it will be a long night.....

Man: Mahiii...baccha...why arent u sleeping...it is so late....aur kya hua hai??

Ms: Aapko kya...meri neend aapki wajese gayi hai...😒😒😒

Man: Hain??

Ms: ........

Man: Waise Mahi, that new kid is superb...I saw him batting..(but was cut off)

Ms: Daddddaaaaa

Dada: Arre ab kya hua?? (shifting the call to facetime)

Ms: Dadaaa(in a whiny tone)....woh baccha na pagal hai....pura pagal(with a horrified look)

Dada: I am sure not more than my Mahiyaa.....(chuckling)

Ms: 😠😠😠

Dada: Accha baba sorry, muh phulana bandh kar...and tell me what brought this up

MS: Dadaaa.....woh aise ajeeb behave karta hai...hamesha mere saath rehta hai......whatever I ask him, he does it without any question....aur aur.....he says he feels safe under me.....

And Dada had a growing smile on his face....a smile of pride.....a smile seeing his kiddo in a different light

Ms: Ab haasna bandh karo.....what is wrong with you??

And Dada just straightened his face,

Dada: So he listens to his captain you are telling me?? What is wrong in that?? We all listened to our captains...(playing it extremely cool)

Ms: Nooooooo.......He looks at me like I am some superhero....you know last time when Yuvi went to pub and they were about to get hit, he said he knew I will never let him get hurt....

As Dada made a mental note to scold Yuvi about the pub incident, Ms continued his tale of all the times Rohit has behaved that way

After Ms's tale was over,

Dada: Mahi....so what is wrong in it??

And Ms gave an exasperated look, grumbling away, 'Kuch samajhte hi nahi hai.....hadd hai'

Dada(a little louder): I am asking what is wrong in that?

Ms: Dada...it is...it is...I don't know, very scary.....very very scaryyy😰😰😰😰......what if I disappoint him some day, what if I fail to protect him one day....I...I don't even know if he is really safe under me or not.....Dada aise daarta lagta hai....(and was looking all tensed and troubled)

Dada: Mahi shaanth bacche...shannt, calm down.....

As Ms cooled down,

Dada: Baccha...tell me one thing why did you, Yuv, Bhajju, Zak always listen to me?

Ms: Ab kya bol rahe hoo 😒 😒 😒 😒 ..... kaise ajeeb sawal puch rahe hoo.... ab Dada hoo....obviously we will listen to you.... 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳 (and Ms looked like he realized something)

Dada: Kiddo...he sees you as his elder brother.....you are no longer his captain, he feels safe under you....because he sees you like you used to see me...

Ms: But Dada I am not you, I can't fight the management or sign bonds for my player.....I can't Dada, merese nahi hoga....why did you go away? I need you (looking frustrated)

Dada: Mahi you are not me but you are not any less kiddo, you may not fight the management but you make your point clear even when speaking softly, you may not sign bonds like me, but you prove it with that players stats...that is you......that is what makes you an unique captain...Bacche

Ms: Par dadaaa...what if...what if I fail ..

Dada: Kiddo.....you know you can never fail...cause I know if ever you don't get the desired result...you will revert stronger....fight back a lot more stronger....and will surely make me proud....And trust me if ever you go wrong, trust me I will pull you up and correct you, even if I am not there I can still do that.....

Ms: Dadaaaaa(looking teary-eyed)

Dada: I love u too kiddo

And as Ms grins....

Dada: And I am so proud of you kiddo, I love how that kid looks upto you already, that proves how much of a good brother you are and how a good a captain you are becoming(giving a big smile)

And Ms frowned, 'Kitni baar bolun, you are still the Captain....'

Dada: Mahiiii(sighing)

And Ms just didn't bother to reply making Dada wonder if ever his Mahiyaa will grow up

After some silence Ms goes, 'Dada...mereko baaki sab cheezon ka pataa nahi, but one thing... I will try to become an elder brother jaise aap the...I promise....'

And Dada just gave him a 'I am proud of you look' as he said, 'You might not realize but you have already started to become one'

And Ms was soon bored with all the mature talks,

Ms: But I miss you soooo muuuccchhhhh......

Dada: Kiddo we met just 3 weeks back, you remember you were in Kolkata? (wondering if mahi is suffering from memory loss)

Ms: But I want to meet you nowwww....Why did you go away???

Dada: Kiddo, it was the right time.....and if I wouldn't have gone I would have missed seeing my kiddo leading the team so well naaa??? You make me so proud Mahi everytime you go out on the field...

Ms: Dadaaa....

Dada: I am coming to Mumbai next week, you have camp there right?

Ms: Sachhiii..... I love yyyooouuuu

Dada: I love you too kiddo....Now chalo go off to sleep, will meet you soon...

And as Ms cuts the call, Dada just rubs his face to do away with all the tiredness he had

He hears Dona asking him who it was and she leaves with a smile on her face as he says, 'My kiddo'

Dada knew he won't get any sleep that day and he will be awfully tired but everything was worth when his Mahiyaa slept relaxed and happy.

Rishana_  Kiran1209   SakthiSri6    Mahiro457     Prahatikakrishnan

go ahead and write a interesting snippet on the pic above

I know this is a bit long for a one-shot, but I just couldn't divide it somehow

siri_reddy  seeeee I published......

Love Love!!!