Unique Way

Yuvi wanted to go out partying really bad but he knew he couldn't ask Dada as he had gone out for a few consecutive nights, while on the other hand Ms wanted to ride his new bike, but Dada will kill him if he goes out at late night. So, both the best friends make an excellent plan and manage to sneak out and return back to their rooms in the wee hours of the morning. They doze off as they thank all their stars as they have managed to escape being caught by Dada.

Next day, Ms and Yuvi reach late for the practice by 2 hours and as they enter, they see Dada eyeing them.

Dada(stenly): Why are you both late???

MS and Yuv eye each other making Dada frown

Dada: What has happened?? And Yuv why are you looking pale??? What's wrong??(his stren voice changing to a worried one)

Ms glances at Yuvi and realizes it all the effects of hangover and in the spurt to escape being punished says, 'Dada, woh Yuvi ka tabiyat sahi nahi tha....toh issiliye we got late.'

And Dada became extremely conscious and sent back Yuvi along with Mahi to the physio. As the kids moved back there was a change in Dada's expressions.

On the other hand,

MS: Yaar....mereko tere wajese Dada se jhooth bolna pada(pushing Yuvi)

Yuvi: Aur woh kaise?? Bike-ride ka idea kiska tha???

And both of them left to their rooms grumbling about whose fault it was.....

Later that night, as they assembled for a movie night in Dada's room, Dada passed them the same warm smile and there was a slight uneasy feeling in MS and Yuvi.

As they discussed about the movie, Dada spoke about a particular scene where the juniors were punished for lying, 'Aisa mereko kabhi nahi karna padega...mere bacche merese kabhi jhooth nahi bolte.'

And Mahi and Yuv looked at Dada wide-eyed.

As they all slept off hugging Dada, Mahi and Yuvi took the farthest corners....

Even the next morning as they entered the breakfast table, they heard Dada saying, 'I trust them...I trust them a lot...and believe in them....'

Though it was an old interview of Dada, Ms and Yuvi did not want to hear it anymore......it hurt, it did feel bad to lie to Dada.

As Ms looked at Yuvi, he knew they were thinking the same thing.

As Dada was sitting on his bed, he heard a hesitant knock....

Dada: Come in...

And for the first time ever MS and Yuvi entered Dada's room by knocking

As Dada saw their fidgety demeanour,

Dada: Ms, Yuv....you both want to tell me something???

And the tone was enough for Ms to start sniffing....

Ms: Dada....Dada...woh....we lied yesterday..

Yuv: Haan Dada, main bimaar nahi tha.....I had gone out partying without telling you...so we were late...

MS: And mereko Bike-ride pe jaana tha....thats y I also sneaked out.....

And as Dada looked at his 2 kiddos, one who was sniffing while the other looked was looking miserable like a kicked puppy....

Since Dada was silent, Ms and Yuvi were horrified and they were hell-bent to make Dada forgive them,

Ms: Dada...we will never lie again...pakka promise...

Yuvi: Haan Dada, watever punishment you give we will accept it...please don't be angry....

And Dada just moved forward and pulled his kiddos into a big bear-hug......though schocked initially, Ms snuggled to Dada as Yuvi held onto him tightly.....as both of them calmed down,

Dada: Kiddos, you know I trust you and I believe you.....

And as Dada repeated the same words of the interview, Ms and Yuvi were stunned, this means knew that Dada already had caught onto their lies..........

Dada gave them a warm smile and nodded his head as he said, 'I trust you...and I knew whatever it is you both will tell me....I knew it kiddos...'

And Ms and Yuvi just hugged him tighter, as they thought, 'Dada's ways always amuses them...he rarely shouts but they always listen to him......he is unique that way........he always seems to know the exact right thing to say......and always does the right thing.'

Dada: Par punishment toh milegi....

And MS and Yuv separated from the hug and stood as the most disciplined kids in a school....

Dada: So Yuvi no going to parties for 2 months and Ms, no touching your bikes for the same time(a bit sternly)

Ms and Yuvi(together): Yes Dada...

And as they went for breakfast, Ms and Yuvi hogging Dada from both sides, they couldn't help but smile at the thought how Dada punishes them for their mistakes, but you lay a finger on his family he is all prepared to cut your hand. Though Dada never shouts at kids, much contrary to what he does on field, he just calmly puts his point forward, yet they always follow him obediently, that's the way of Dada. 

This is a small Dada-Mahi-Yuvi. 

Daring_Devil I hope you like this story

Please do vote and do tell me how this turned out to be!!