Prologue

You tied your hair back and put your apron on as you left the backroom. Your friend and co-worker, Sana, squeezed your arm when she saw you.

"Oh my gosh, y/n! Thank you so much for coming in today."

"No problem. I'm surprised the manager made you work your first shift by yourself," you said, tying your apron.

"I know! I'm so nervous." A look of nervousness was plastered on her face as her eyes wandered the line that was almost out of the cafe doors. You placed your hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

"I'll take register and once I have all the orders, I'll help you make the drinks, okay?" She nodded her head and went to set up the back counter. You went to the register and started to take orders. After about eight customers placed their orders, the last one approached the cashier. You tucked your bangs behind your ears as you looked up at him.

"Welcome. What can I get for you today?"

"Just a medium French vanilla Americano." He said, smirking at you.

"Okay. Can I get a name for the order please?" You grabbed a cup from the stack next to you, opened the Sharpie marker and met his eyes. The way his eyes sparkled made your heart stop for a second.

"Lucas," he said. You nodded your head and wrote his name on the cup.

"Uh, your total is $4.25." He handed you a $5 bill with a piece of paper. You opened the register and grabbed out three quarters.

"Keep the change," he said, shaking his head. His lips curled up into the cutest smile as he walked away. You bit your lower lip as you retreated to the back counter to help Sana with the orders. You looked at the piece of paper and say that it was a note.

Call me.