Chapter 6

You and Lucas kept to yourselves in the morning as you got washed up and dressed for the work day. You held his hand as you two walked out of the dorm to head to a nearby coffee shop. As Lucas ordered your drinks, you stood off to the side and waited.

"She really has no shame showing her face in public. Aish," whispered a girl who stood a few feet away.

"Why would Lucas date a nobody. He deserves so much better". You bit your inner cheek as you looked down at your feet, choking back your tears.

"Here's your drink," Lucas said, approaching you. You looked up with your glassy eyes and shyly smiled. He wrapped his arm around your waist as you two headed out of the shop.

"Lucas! Can I get a picture with you, please?" asked the girl who was talking about you. You looked away so your hair would cover your face. You felt Lucas pull you closer to him as he shook his head.

"I'm sorry, but anybody who disrespects y/n doesn't deserve my time. Thank you". He led you out of the coffee shop and you two headed off to the company building.

***

You kissed Lucas before stepping off the elevator cart and heading to your office. Soeun met you halfway, handing you the iPad.

"Mr. Choi is out of office today but Mr. Park has requested a meeting with you". You looked down at the schedule, emotionless, as you sipped your tea.

"Then you'll be... hey, are you okay?" You looked at Soeun and rolled your eyes.

"Yeah. Just fans saying stuff. The 'normal'," you said with air quotes.

"I saw the live. Mr. Park had me monitoring it. It honestly could've been worse though," she said, squeezing your arm. You two entered Mr. Park's office and he immediately gestured for you two to sit. He began talking but you were too distracted about yesterday's events and today's encounter that you fazed out.

"What do you think about that, y/n?" Mr. Park said, interrupting your thoughts. You looked at Mr. Park and Soeun and laughed softly to yourself.

"I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"The Elle editorial. You and Lucas, you in?" You gulped and pursed your lips.

"Sure, sounds like fun."

***

The days leading up to the editorial shoot pass by, all the same. Wake up, encounter fans who don't like you, Lucas, Sana and Soeun trying to reassure you that everything will be okay, busy work days with meetings on meetings, go home, read hateful comments, sleep, repeat.

The morning of the shoot, Lucas and Wayv had a stage prerecording as they were now promoting their comeback, so you decided to surprise Sana at the coffee shop. You tidied up the kitchen and living room before leaving, packed your bag with essentials for the shoot, put on your face mask and hat and headed out the door. As you exited the building, sasaeng fans spotted you walking and started to yell and holler at you.

"Break up with Lucas, you nobody!"

"He's so much better off without you!"

"You're such a gold digger. Wait til Lucas sees your true colors!" You kept your head hung low as you waved down a taxi and quickly got into it. You requested the coffee shop Sana worked at and the taxi driver drove off.

You stared blankly at the tabletop as Sana set down your cup of tea.

"Careful, it's hot," she said, sitting down. She smoothed her apron over her lap and then grabbed your hand. You eyes followed her hand to her face and she gave you a sympathetic smile.