Chapter 3

You sat in the conference room, waiting for the last meeting to start. You were scrolling through your phone when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around and saw Mark and Taeyong.

"Hey y/n!" Taeyong said, cheerfully. The boys took a seat on either side of you.

"Hey guys," you said, forcefully smiling. Mark scrunched his nose.

"Y/n, what's wrong?" He asked. You looked at him with widened eyes and looked at Taeyong, who was looking at you attentively. You scoffed as you shook your head.

"Oh! Nothing. I'm just tired," you said, fiddling with your phone in your hand.

"C'mon, we know that look," Taeyong said. You pursed your lips while looking at your hands and heavily sighed.

"Soeun, my personal assistant, said that I either have to keep my relationship with Lucas a secret or tell Mr. Choi and Mr. Park immediately." Taeyong chuckled.

"That's it?" He said. You looked at him as you furrowed your eyebrows. He put his hand on your shoulder. "Y/n, it's not that big of a deal."

"Yeah, Taeyong hyung is right. You and Lucas have been together for two years. You've managed to keep your relationship private for this long. If you come out to the company, they'll be able to protect you and Lucas if the news goes public," Mark chimed in. You tugged at your lower lip with your teeth.

"I'll tell them. It's the right thing to do, right?" You looked at Mark and Taeyong for reassurance and they smiled back at you. Just then, Mr. Choi and Mr. Park walked in and started the meeting.

***

As everybody was filing out of the room to head home for the day, you approached Mr. Choi and Mr. Park.

"Mr. Choi, Mr. Park. May I have a second and talk with you guys, please?" You asked. They both nodded and gestured to the seat across of them. You looked up at the door and saw Mark and Taeyong giving you a thumbs up. You cleared your throat and tucked your hair behind your ear.

"I just wanted to be honest and let you know, Lucas and I have been in a romantic relationship. For two years," you said, calmly. Mr. Choi and Mr. Park instantly smiled upon hearing your confession.

"Is that so? Congratulations. Why haven't we heard about it sooner?" Mr. Choi said, looking at you.

"Me, especially. I've been working with him for years now," Mr. Park chuckled. You looked at them, surprised.

"So, you're not mad?" You asked.

"Romantic relationships are none of our business. If our idols are happy and staying safe and healthy, then we don't have to worry about it," Mr. Choi answered.

"You guys should announce it publicly. You could do couple editorials and interviews. It'll be great networking for you and great exposure for Lucas," Mr. Park added. You laughed as you shook your head.

"I don't know how comfortable I'd be in front of the camera," you said shyly. Mr. Park stood up and nodded his head.

"Well, you and Lucas can talk about it and then let me know." He left the room with Mr. Choi following behind him. You opened your phone and dialed Sana's number.

***

"They were so understanding about the whole thing. They even said that we should go public with our relationships and do magazine editorials and stuff."

"That sounds cool!" Sana said. You shifted your phone to your right ear as you got out of the taxi and headed to the building entrance.

"I know it does but I have to talk to Lucas. Plus, I like being low-key about us, you know? I'd hate to go public and then our relationship takes a turn for the worse." You opened the building door and entered the elevator.

"I understand that. Just be careful. You know I'm always here for you, right?"

"I know, thank you Sana."

"Well, I have to go but we'll talk later. Bye!"

"Bye," you said, hanging the phone up. You got off of the elevator and opened the dorm door. You stepped into the apartment and saw takeout boxes and a mango smoothie bubble tea. Lucas was sitting at the kitchen counter, waiting.

"Hi love," he said, smiling ear to ear. He held his arms out for you. You gently placed your bag on the ground and went over to hug him. He hugged you tightly before planting a kiss on your forehead. "How was your first day?" He looked at you with worried eyes. You nodded your head and smiled to reassure him.

"It was actually really good. Lots of meetings, lunch with you and the boys. Couldn't have been better."

"And our situation?" He asked. You cupped his face with your hands as he pouted.

"I told Mr. Choi and Mr. Park because Mark and Taeyong both said it was a better and smarter choice to let the company know. They were very understanding about it and actually excited to hear that we were dating." Lucas's face lit up and he stood up energetically.

"Really? What did they say?" You laughed at his overwhelming cuteness.

"Just that they're not worried, as long as your happy, healthy and safe. And Mr. Park even suggested we publicly announce it and said that we could do couple editorials and interviews. But I didn't know how you would feel and I don't know if I'm ready for that." Lucas caressed your hair as he lovingly looked into your eyes.

"I would never make you do anything you're not conformable with. After you settle into this new job, we can have this conversation. But I'm glad you told Mr. Park because honestly I'm too scared to do that," Lucas said, chuckling at himself. You giggled as you buried your face in his chest.

"Go get changed so we can eat. I got all of your favorites to celebrate the start of your new job! Even your favorite drink," he said, pointing at the mango smoothie.

"You're so sweet," you said, heading down the hall. You looked at the bed and saw a sweatshirt and shorts sprawled out.

"I picked your outfit already," Lucas yelled from the kitchen. You groaned as you took your work outfit off and slipped on the chosen fit.

"Lucas, it's summer time and you're making me wear this sweatshirt? I'm going to be sweaty."

"I know, but I figured we'd take a shower together," he said, smirking at you. You glared at him as you playfully punched his chest.

"Yah~!"