Chapter 7

At the sound of your alarm, you sat up and stretched your body out. You had moved most of your things out of Lucas's dorm and Sana allowed you to crash on her couch. You rubbed your eyes as you reached for your phone to turn your alarm off. You checked your phone and saw multiple notifications but the one from Dispatch caught your eye.

Breaking: Lucas and girlfriend seen arguing.

An inside source who was on set of the Elle editorial shoot the couple were taking part in said the two were seen arguing and crying. Y/n stormed off alone and Lucas left not too long after with his managers. SM Entertainment has yet to confirm this.

Update: Statement from SM Entertainment

Hello,

This is SM Entertainment. We are neither confirming nor denying these rumors. Please respect Lucas's and y/n's privacy as we sort through this situation.

You rolled your eyes as you plopped your head back down on your pillow. You lay there staring at the ceiling when you were interrupted by a phone call.

"Hi Soeun," you said, monotonously.

"Y/n! I'm sorry for calling you on your day off. But Mr. Park has asked for you to come in for a quick meeting," Soeun said with hesitation.

"No problem. I'll be there in about an hour." You hung up the phone and got ready for the meeting.

Upon arriving at the company building, you were bombarded by a group of paparazzi. You shielded the flashes with your hands as you pushed your way through the small crowd. You felt somebody grab your wrist and guide you through.

"No questions, please. Give her space." The man's voice said as he led you up the steps into the building. You removed your hand from your face as you were safe inside and saw that it was Mr. Choi.

"Thank you," you said, smoothing your jacket.

"They've been there all morning. I didn't want you to get hurt," he said, pushing the elevator button. You guys rode the elevator up in silence and walked down the hallway to the meeting. When you entered, you saw Mr. Park, Lee Sooman, Soeun, and Lucas's manager. You took a seat next to Soeun who gave you a welcoming smile.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase, we have an editorial to reschedule and with your busy schedule y/n, we need your opinion," Mr. Park said, looking over his folder. You looked at him, a bit confused.

"So this isn't about me and Lucas?" You asked. Mr. Park looked up and met your eyes. He scoffed as he shook his head.

"That's your personal business with Lucas. We've made a statement already. When you're ready to discuss with Lucas about what steps you want to take in the future, that's on your own time. But right now, Elle wants to know when their cover model is free." You looked at Soeun and awaited her response. She looked at you, taken back.

"Oh, well, she can do in two weeks, if that's okay with her." You nodded your head and looked back at Mr. Park.

"Great. Put it on her schedule. Y/n, go back home and get some rest, okay?"

***

A month had passed. You had completed the Elle editorial and next month's issue was scheduled to launch the following week. You were still crashing on Sana's couch and had managed to steer clear of running into Lucas. The company finally had you working on the upcoming group's marketing strategy. And the best ever, the rumors of you and Lucas started to die down. You weren't afraid of running into crazed fans and when you did, nobody said anything for the most part.

You were lounging on Sana's couch when you got a VLive notification. Lucas here! It read. You debated clicking it and after minutes of contemplating, you finally decided to tune in. You propped your phone up against the plant on the coffee table. Lucas's hair was now blonde and he was wearing the sweatshirt you loved to steal. You sat there and watched as he answered questions about his new hairstyle and played with Bella. Suddenly, he fell silent as he stared at the camera. He choked up and adjusted his hood.

"Somebody asked if I miss y/n and where she is," he said. He scoffed and looked down at his feet. "If I'm honest, I don't know where she is. I hope she's safe and warm. I hope she's eating well. Y/n and I haven't talked for about a month. I'm sure you guys saw the rumor. We're taking time to re-evaluate our relationship. It wasn't easy for her when people were being mean and I don't blame her. She endured a lot of pain to be with me. I feel sorry towards her," he said. He gulped hard as he looked back up at the camera. His eyes were glossy and cheeks were red.

"Lucas hyung, don't cry!" You heard Yangyang tease in the background. Lucas laughed as he wiped his eyes. Yangyang came into the screen and hugged Lucas.

"Y/n! If you're watching, we miss you! Lucas misses you. Weishennies and NCTzens miss you, right?!" You looked at the comments.

[1] We miss you, y/n!

[2] Come back! Lucas needs you.

[3] Fighting, y/n and Lucas!

You smiled as you read the comments and wiped the tears that were now streaming down your face.

"Yah, stop it," Lucas said, playfully pushing Yangyang. "Well, we're going to go eat dinner. Make sure to eat everybody. Goodnight!" Lucas said before ending the VLive. You turned off your phone and played with it in your hands. You put your hair in a bun and pulled a hoodie on as you left the house.

***

Unsurprisingly, you could hear the chaos of the dorm three flights down. You approached the door and knocked on it firmly, hoping it was loud enough for somebody to hear. The door opened and Hendery warmly smiled at you. He stepped aside without a word, welcoming you in. As you slipped your shoes off, the younger boys took notice of you.

"Y/n!" Xiaojun and Yangyang exclaimed with excitement. You smiled at them as you waved at them. You hugged each member and approached Lucas last. He looked down at you with those brown eyes and cupped your face with his hands.

"Hey beautiful," he said, smiling ear to ear. You blushed and melted under his gaze.

"Hi." He lead you to the bedroom, closing the door behind him. You two sat in awkward silence on the bed before Lucas broke it.

"I've missed you," he said, putting his hand on your knee.

"I missed you too baby."

"It's been a rough month," he said, looking down at his feet. He met your eyes, biting his lip. "Letting you go was the hardest thing ever."

"I know, baby. And I'm sorry."

"I prayed to God every night, hoping you would come back. I can't imagine spending my life with anybody else," he said, tears now streaming down his face. He buried his face in the crook of his neck and you ran your fingers through his hair.

"I'm yours 'til the end of time," you said softly.