Chapter 2

You flagged a taxi down to take you to the company. You looked back at Lucas who waved at you from the sidewalk and gave him a smile. You entered the cab and was on your way.

Upon arriving at the company building, you felt butterflies in your stomach. Out of instinct, you called Sana.

"Hey girl!" She cheerfully said.

"Sana, I'm so nervous," you said, grabbing the entrance doors. You entered and sat on the couch in the lobby.

"Y/n, you're going to be fine. SM entertainment wouldn't hire you if they didn't think you could do the job for them." You took a deep breath and closed your eyes.

"You're right. I'm just working myself up," you said, gulping hard.

"You got this! Call me after your first day?"

"Okay."

"Fighting, y/n!" Sana said before hanging up the call. You stood up and made your way to the elevators. You headed up to the third floor as instructed and were greeted by a woman.

"Welcome, y/n! We are so happy to have you hear," she said, extending her hand towards you. You shook her hand and bowed with a smile.

"Thank you. It's an honor to be here."

"The boss was marveled by your portfolio and accomplishments. I'm surprised nobody hired you straight out of university," she said, leading you down the hallway.

"The universe works in marvelous ways." She looked back at you with a smile.

"My name is Soeun. I will be your temporary personal assistant until we get you settled in and hire a permanent for you." You stopped walking upon hearing her words.

"I-I'm getting a personal a-assistant?" You asked, batting your eyelashes.

"Yes, silly. You are the marketing manager for our upcoming girl group after all." Soeun held open a door for you and you stepped into the room. You were greeted by a group of people and a few members of NCT 127. They all stood as you entered and bowed. You bowed in return and took a seat at the end of the long table.

"Y/n, welcome to SM Entertainment," a man said, standing in front of a projection screen. You nodded your head as everybody in the room lightly clapped for you.

"I'm Mr. Choi. We spoke on the phone a few times. I am the marketing department head. These are the other managers for the different groups and solos within SM. You will be working closely with them, specifically Mr. Park, who heads NCT," he said, gesturing towards a man sitting across from you. Mr. Park smiled and nodded his head before speaking.

"We looked over your portfolio and are extremely impressed with your work. It's hard to believe that you graduated early considering what great work you've done."

"I'm very passionate about this type of work," you said.

"And that's what we like about you, y/n. We believe you will help our upcoming girl group go beyond people's expectations." Mr. Choi said.

"I will work hard. Thank you again for this opportunity." Mr. Choi smiled as he clapped his hands.

"Well, let's start with your itinerary now." He pushed a button on his laptop to start the presentation. "For the next few days, you will be doing some interviews and press conferences with NCT 127. This will give you a general idea of what to expect in the Korean entertainment industry. You will also have a few individual interviews with some business forums and magazines. We weren't the only ones you impressed." You smiled at his comment.

"By the way, this is Mark and Taeyong. You may recognize them from NCT and SuperM. You'll be working with them and helping with their promotional activities as well. We're just trying to get you as much experience before we start with the new group."

"I understand," you said. Mr. Choi continued the meeting talking about day-to-day activities and policies.

***

You checked your watch and it was now 2pm. You rubbed your stomach as it growled.

"Go eat," Soeun said, patting your shoulder.

"Oh there's so much to do."

"Don't worry about it. Go get something to eat, come back at 4pm." You softly smiled as you grabbed your belongings and headed towards the elevator. On your way, you ran into Yangyang and Kun.

"Y/n!" Exclaimed Kun as he came to give you a hug.

"Hey guys. Where's Lucas?" You said, hugging the both of them.

"He's in the practice room."

"Oh, he's busy? That's okay."

"No, we just finished. What's up?"

"I'm about to go get lunch. I was going to go alone but if you guys aren't busy, do you want to come?" Yangyang's eyes lit up at the idea of eating and he bolted off to the room.

"Guys! Y/n wants to eat lunch with us!" He exclaimed from behind the closed practice doors. The boys came out of the room, excited, followed by a confused Lucas.

"You didn't call me?" He said, putting his arm around you.

"I didn't know you guys were here. I was gonna go alone and then I ran into Yangyang and Kun."

"Well, what does my princess want to eat on her first day of work?"

"My brain is too fried to think. You guys pick," you said, tapping on Ten's shoulder.

***

Lucas walked you back to work while the others went to the dorm. You stepped off the elevator, hand in hand with him, when you were greeted by Soeun. Her eyes quickly found your hand in his and an expression of shock overcame her face.

"Hey Soeun," you said.

"Does Mr. Choi or Mr. Park know?" She asked, frantically. You and Lucas giggled as you looked at each other.

"About?" Lucas asked. Soeun pointed at your interlocked fingers and looked up and down the hall.

"Um, no. Just the members and managers. Is it that big of a deal?" You asked. Soeun quickly grabbed your hand pulling you away from Lucas.

"Not for me. But because you're just starting here, I would be careful about it. Either hide it or come straight out so the company can deal with it adequately, God forbid something gets out." You looked at Lucas with a worried expression. Lucas looked at his feet.

"I don't mean to worry you guys. Just be careful." She said, pulling you down the hall to the next meeting. You turned back towards Lucas and waved sadly at him.