Foxglove and Fraternizing

"Oh, great going your Highness." Y/N rolled her eyes as Klaus stepped into her room with an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry, I don't think they'd give you a personal guard." Klaus apologized, sitting in his usual spot at the end of Y/N's bed. "But at least now D'Angelo will be... contained." He added, referencing the man's previous violent outburst.

"I suppose." Y/N sighed. "You haven't told anyone, right? About the paintings?"

Klaus shook his head, seeming a bit disappointed. "I don't think Mr. Poe would believe me if I told him it was your work anyways."

Y/N nodded, turning her head to gaze out the window.

"How are you feeling today?" Klaus continued, changing the subject.

"Hm... still uncomfortably hot and nauseous." The artists replied blatantly. "But I've been able to eat more, and I suppose that's helping. And these long naps are admittedly quite nice."

"That's good." Klaus smiled encouragingly, and Y/N nodded a little again.

"I suppose so." She echoed, Klaus creasing his brow with concern at her nonchalant disposition.

"And how are you, you know, other than physically?" He asked gently, and Y/N seemed to think about it for a moment before turning her head back to face him.

"I would like to go outside." She decided, then raised an eyebrow with sarcastic resentment. "Although there is now a glaring imposition standing right outside my door."

"Oh! He won't keep you from going anywhere, he's just to make sure you're safe. You can go outside if you tell him."

"Oh, no, I don't really-"

But Klaus stood up and went to the door, opening it and addressing the guard in the hallway. "We're going to go for a little walk in the gardens." He informed, and the guard nodded. Klaus turned back to Y/N and grinned, and she rolled her eyes a bit, but smiled back.

"Can you walk alright?" Klaus questioned as Y/N shakily got out of bed.

"I'm only sick your Highness." She scoffed, tucking her sketchbook under her arm and walking towards the door. "I'm not on my deathbed."

"Alright, alright, just making sure." Klaus chuckled, following her out.

***

"And the imposition still follows." Y/N mused under her breath, causing Klaus to stifle his laughter.

"You've truly integrated into palace life now." He joked, glancing at the guard that followed not too far behind.

"How can you stand this? This is another level of suffocating."

Klaus shrugged a little. "You get used to it, I suppose."

Y/N nodded a bit, inhaling deeply and enjoying the warmth from the sunlight. "Regardless, it's still a nice day."

"Yeah... oh!" Klaus' eyes lit up a little. "I know where we can go."

"Hm?"

"Have you been to the observatory before?"

Y/N quickly shook her head. "I've seen it, but I didn't think I was allowed to go in."

"Of course you can go in! We'll go now." Klaus decided, taking her hand and leading her down the pathway to the large glass structure nestled at the edge of the palace grounds. He turned to the guard and gestured to the observatory. "We're going to go inside for a bit. Is it alright if you wait outside?"

The guard hesitated, but nodded, and Klaus bowed his head slightly. "Thank you sir." He turned back to Y/N and nodded reassuringly, opening the door for her and smiling as her eyes widened at the sight of the the small jungle of plants and ponds that surrounded her.