Chapter 49: Riddle

A/N: It's been a while but I turned 21 recently and just started with my senior year of college so I'm trying my best to get back into writing to keep me sane with everything going on! Long chapter ahead btw, so I hope this makes up for my mini break haha 😅

A couple of hours ago, Analeigh certainly would not have expected to be in the position she was in at the moment — held against her will by the Inquisitorial Squad. That uneventful morning, she had thought she would just be taking her O.W.L.s like any normal person and get it over with by the end of the day. However, in the hours that passed, so many things had unfolded: the Weasley twins put on that fireworks show and left Hogwarts with a bang, Harry had a vision about Sirius being tortured by Voldemort, and now, they were all trapped in Umbridge's office, stuck in this predicament with no concrete plans of escaping yet.

Analeigh, Ron, and Hermione were currently being held by Crabbe, Goyle, and Warrington. Meanwhile, Harry was sitting stiffly on the chair in front of Umbridge's desk while the woman herself stared him down. Nobody said a word while they waited for the rest of the Inquisitorial Squad to round up the other students, namely Neville, Luna, and Ginny. Apparently, the three of them had found out about Harry's plan to sneak into Umbridge's office and had tried their best to stall for him.

Unfortunately, they were caught, too. Pansy Parkinson and Millicent Bulstrode strolled in with Ginny and Luna, and Draco Malfoy came in last with Neville.

"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl," Malfoy said, roughly pushing Neville to stand alongside the others.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" Umbridge questioned Harry.

"No — " Harry started, only for Umbridge to slap him.

"Liar."

"You sent for me, headmistress?" a cold voice drawled

"You sent for me, headmistress?" a cold voice drawled. Analeigh looked away from Harry and found Snape walking into the room, his face as stoic as ever.

"Snape, yes," Umbridge straightened up. "The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students — the last of it on Miss Chang," Snape said, sounding unbothered. "Unless you wish to poison him — and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did... I cannot help you."

"He's got Padfoot," Harry said urgently. Snape glanced at him, but his face remained emotionless. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden?" Umbridge demanded. "What is he talking about, Snape?"

Snape did not answer right away, and Analeigh held her breath as she waited for him to show any indication that he knew who and what Harry was referring to. Finally, he pulled his eyes away from Harry and faced Umbridge.