Chapter 5: A Sort-Of-Dramatic First Day

On the first day of classes, Analeigh woke up too early for her liking

On the first day of classes, Analeigh woke up too early for her liking. She lay in bed for a while, watching her white cat Velvet as it slept at the edge of her four poster bed, all curled up. Eventually, the blonde girl sighed and swung her legs over the bed, finally getting up seeing as she couldn't go back to sleep.

After showering, getting changed into her robes, and shoving her books and other necessities for school into a bag charmed with an Undetectable Extension Charm, Analeigh made her way out of the dorm she shared with Hermione, Lavender Brown, and Parvati Patil. She trudged down the stairs and decided to leave the Gryffindor Common Room; she assumed Hermione wouldn't mind and would head down with Ron and Harry later anyways.

When Analeigh exited the room, Fat Lady greeted her and asked, "Why are you awake at this hour?"

Analeigh shrugged. "No reason, I guess." Then she gave a brief smile to the portrait before scurrying away, honestly not wanting to hold a conversation with her this early.

Down at the Great Hall, it was still practically empty. She saw three Ravenclaw students, probably in the same circle of friends, chatting with each other. There were two Hufflepuffs whom Analeigh knew were named Ernie Macmillian and Justin Finch-Fletchey there as well, conversing with each other. And so, Analeigh was technically alone. Since she was already there at the hall, she had no choice but to walk over to the Gryffindor table and eat her breakfast anyway.

Analeigh pulled her dirty blonde hair into a ponytail before eating. She tightened it once, and just as she was about to grab a piece of toast, a voice came from behind her.

"Why are you up so early?" Analeigh was startled by that and turned around with such speed, only to hear a short, "Ow!"

Cedric Diggory was standing there, covering one eye with his hand after Analeigh had spun around to face him.

"Cedric? Sorry, oh, Merlin, what did I do?"

"Nothing, nothing," chuckled Cedric. "Just whipped me with that deadly hair of yours."

Analeigh grinned sheepishly and flushed in embarrassment. "Oh. Sorry."

Cedric waved her off, saying that it wasn't a big deal.

"So, Analeigh," Cedric changed the subject. He had a sudden urge to get to know her. "This might be sudden, but since it's quite early and we are one of the only people here, do you want to join me for breakfast?"

Analeigh's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. It wasn't necessarily because she had a crush on Cedric, who was inviting her to eat with him, but she was a bit taken aback and quite flattered at the offer.

Finally, Analeigh nodded. Cedric sent her a charming smile, then he made his way to the Hufflepuff table across with Analeigh right behind him. She took the seat next to the sixth year, making sure to sit a considerable distance away from him.