Chapter 11: Firsts

Days after Analeigh's initial fight with Ron, she was relaxing by the Black Lake with not only Harry but Neville as well

Days after Analeigh's initial fight with Ron, she was relaxing by the Black Lake with not only Harry but Neville as well. The shy Gryffindor was kind enough to join the two of them since their original friend group was, well, not exactly seeing eye to eye.

Analeigh had climbed up a generally low tree but it was so thick with leaves that it covered her almost entirely. When Harry had noticed her gone from his side by the water, he warningly said, "Be careful!" to which she merely chuckled at. On the other hand, that green-eyed boy stayed in his place, reading a book on his lap while Neville waded in the water until it was up to his ankles as explored and examined the plants. From time to time, he would make comments about them and Analeigh and Harry nicely responded to, but after a while, they go too distracted with what they were doing themselves.

"Amazing," Neville muttered, holding up what looked like seaweed.

"That's great, Neville," Harry tried to sound interested.

"Amazing!"

Harry looked up from his book, slightly irritated by his constant comments. Neville was his good friend, but sometimes, he just wanted his peace and quiet.

"Neville, you're doing it again," he said.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

"It's alright, Neville," Analeigh reassured the boy, not wanting him to feel bad from Harry's comment.

"Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs?" Harry suddenly questioned out loud. She saw him holding up the book he had been reading, and he had directed the question to Neville.

"Moody gave it to me," Neville explained, looking away from the plant he held. "That day we had our first lesson."

Harry nodded and went back to reading the book, Neville continued to be fascinated with the plants surrounding him, and Analeigh quietly continued to practice some newly-learned charms from Flitwick's classes the past week. The three of them were left in their own worlds for a few moments until a couple of new voices broke their silence and caught their attention.

"We've already been through enough people. Why don't you just go do it yourself?" someone asked in annoyance. Analeigh pushed a few leaves away to find Hermione glaring at Ron and Ginny trailing behind them, all of them just a few feet away from where Harry sat. "Ugh. What do you want me to say again?"

There was a pause wherein Hermione and Ron just whispered harshly to each other. Finally, after what seemed like a lot of convincing, Hermione seemed to give in to Ron's orders and approached Harry who stared up at her with raised brows.

"Ronald would like me to tell you that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid was looking for you," Hermione told him, sounding unsure of what she was saying which as highly unlike her. "And Analeigh, too — wherever she is."