Chapter 27: The Third Task

A/N: It's my birthday today so just for fun, can you guys guess how old I am? Idk if this counts as a hint but: I feel really old because I've been in Wattpad for seven years now WOW. I'm pretty sure a lot of my A/N's give away how old I might be as well haha :>

Hours turned to only minutes before the Third Task. Analeigh had gotten changed into a black and scarlet long sleeved shirt and matching track pants. Her dirty blonde hair was thrown up into a tight ponytail and her wand was snugly fit into a special pocket for it in her pants. She knew she'd be holding her wand during the entire task anyway, though, so that seemed pretty useless.

Fleur and Brigitte were in the same room as her — the girls locker room under the stands of the Quidditch stadium.

"We'll be at ze front of ze stadium, Analeigh," Fleur informed her after they had gotten dressed in their baby blue tracksuits. She and Brigitte sent her polite smiles which Analeigh returned, and then they were chatting again as they made their way to the door. They opened it to step out, but someone was right outside it and blocking their way.

"Oh, hi, ladies. Is Analeigh in there?"

Analeigh looked over her shoulder to see who was at the door, but Fleur and Brigitte were obscuring her view.

"She is."

The two Beauxbatons champions opened the door wider for them to exit and for the person at the other side to enter. It was Cedric.

"This is the girls locker room, you know," Analeigh said playfully.

"So? I can enter a girls locker room without it damaging my masculinity just fine."

"Or you should follow the rules and get out before people accuse you of being indecent."

Cedric chuckled, walking over to her.

"Come on, we only have around fifteen minutes until the task. I badly need you to do my favorite charm again."

Analeigh rolled her eyes.

"Focus on the task, Cedric."

"But I need my lucky charm," he said with a face that almost looked like a pout. Analeigh couldn't deny that it made him adorable in contrast to his usual look.

"Fine," she huffed, face growing warm at his request. She tiptoed slightly and leaned closer to Cedric, only for the sound of the door opening again to interrupt them. She stumbled away from him, almost losing her balance.

"What is he doing here?"

Analeigh and Cedric faced the door and found Altair Heart standing there.

"Oh, h-hello, sir," Cedric said. Analeigh blinked a few times. That must've been the first time that the charming and confident Cedric Diggory stuttered. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that her father was not hiding his glare directed at him whatsoever.

"Boys shouldn't be in the girls locker room," Altair said disapprovingly.

"You're in here too, dad," Analeigh pointed out.

"I —" he paused, at a loss for words, and then he huffed. "That doesn't count. I'm your father."

Analeigh laughed under her breath.

"We were just reviewing some spells, dad," she then covered up easily, not wanting Cedric to get roasted.

"I see."

There was an awkward pause as Altair continued to stare at the tall Hufflepuff boy, who stood unmoving with his eyes were glued to the floor. Eventually, he had the courage to speak up.