2 - nothing to concern you

John and Lydia woke, tangled up in each other's limbs to see Arthur and Tommy stood above staring at the pair. Arthur chuckled as the pair woke up and Tommy simply gave Lydia a disapproving look and raised his eyebrows. 

"Ugh get off me, you fat shit" Lydia groaned half-asleep as she pushed John's arm off her stomach. John tickled her in response causing the girl to squirm and squeal. The excitement of this woke Lydia up fully, as she jumped off the sofa trying to avoid John's grip she stumbled but was held up by Tommy's strong arm wrapped around her waist. He quickly let go, yet wished he could hold on for longer. 

"How was the shag then John?" Arthur joked. 

"Oh Arthur believe me, I have standards, besides his cock is too small!" Lydia quipped back smirking at John who is still lying down. A subtle chuckle came from Tommy and a loud cackle came from Arthur. 

"Come one you two, we're off to the fair. Get sorted we'll meet you outside." Tommy stated, leaving the room with Arthur trailing behind him. 

As Lydia and John left the house they saw Tommy and Arthur leaning against the car with their caps and suits on, ready for the day ahead. The Shelby boys always look smart, no matter the occasion. The adults who act more like teenagers raced each other to sit in the front passenger seat, Lydia had to lift up her dress to prevent her from falling but that didn't stop her from getting there first. 

"Beat ya there Johnny boy!" Lydia exclaimed climbing into the passenger seat pointing at John. He sighed in defeat and climbed into the back with Arthur. Lydia and Tommy stayed quiet for the journey as they listened to the other Shelby brothers tease one another behind them. 

"A quick pit stop boys, bring your wits, Lydia stay in the car." Tommy said pulling up the car at a gypsy camp and climbing out. 

"Tommy!" A man said cheerfully as he noticed the Shelby boys. 

"Johnny Dogs." Tommy replied, placing a cigarette in his mouth. Coins were flipped in the air and a deal was made. Lydia's daydreaming was interrupted by shouting that came from Tommy.

"Are you Lee boys laughing at my brother, eh?" Tommy said aggressively. 

"His grandad may have been a king but his mother was a diddicoy whore!" One of the Lee men said to Johhny Dogs. Anger became prevalent across all the Shelby boys' faces, Tommy swiftly took his cap off and swiped it across the man's face. John and Arthur soon joined in on the violence and a fight was in full play. Blood covered each member of the Lee family stood there and the Shelbys walked away with caps in hand knowing a war has started. 

"What the fuck happened there?" Lydia shouted at the boys as they clambered back into the car, all breathless from the fight that had just taken place. 

"Nothing to concern you Lydia." Tommy said calmly, he had always tried to keep her out of the violence that occurred through the gang, but that proved to be hard as she and John are always joined by the hip.

"Nothing to concern me? Are you having a laugh? I just watched the three of you beat up a load of gypsy men, of course I'm going to be concerned Thomas!" Lydia exclaimed licking her thumb and wiping the blood off John's cheek. Tommy hated it when Lydia called him 'Thomas', it always meant that she was annoyed with him.

Meanwhile back in Small Heath, every home was being ransacked and searched by the police on orders from Inspector Campbell, he wanted the communists rounding up, including Freddie Thorne. Freddie and Ada narrowly escaped the police and Freddie was forced to leave Ada at a friend's house. 

"I'm going to have to leave town for a bit Ada, gotta lay low." He exclaimed walking away. They had been hiding their relationship from the others for a while now, it was proving harder and harder.