21 - and there it goes

Tommy sat in a booth at the Garrison, while Lydia got a bottle of whiskey and the closest thing to a pair of tweezers. 

"Hold him still!" She ordered John, as she walked over to the Shelby brothers.

Tommy groaned loudly as Lydia took out the bullet from underneath his collarbone, he was covered in a thin layer of sweat, which Lydia oddly found attractive. She sympathetically winced for Tommy as she saw the pain on his face.

"There! I still have the knack!" Lydia announced proudly as she placed the bloody bullet in a glass in front of her. John quickly placed the bottle of whiskey to Tommy's lips, allowing him to drink the liquid, before handing the bottle to Lydia.

"Tommy take a deep breath for me." She said as she poured the whiskey on his wound, Tommy clenched his jaw at the stinging, Lydia placed a small peck on his head.

"Sorry, all we need to do now is bandage you up Tom." She told him, John and Arthur left to go to the private room where Danny's body was being placed. 

"How's it feel to be the patient for once, instead of looking after me, now I'll be nagging you to be careful." Lydia joked as Tommy rolled his eyes, while she bandaged his wound. 

"Lyds, I'll always look after you, even if you haven't been kidnapped by an Irish police officer." He joked back as Lydia finished buttoning up his shirt. 

Danny Whizbang's body lay on the table in the Shelby's private room, the Peaky Blinders surrounded him to pay their respects, the men all took off their razor caps.

"Now we can bury him properly, in the grave we dug him." John announced.

"To Danny Whizbang, may we all die twice!" Tommy toasted to his friend and passed a bottle of whiskey around for everyone to take a swig from.

"Come on, the day is ours, let's celebrate!" Tommy announced as he swung his arm around Freddie, Lydia was delighted to see her brother and Tommy finally get along again.

Polly had sorted out Tommy's mistrust in Grace and had told the Irish woman to leave and forget any feelings she had towards Tommy as he was with Lydia, allowing for the proper celebrations to start at the Garrison. 

After hours of drinking, singing and dancing the Peaky Blinders were eventually dropping off and heading back to their homes after the group's day of victory. Ultimately there was only Esmé, John, Lydia and Tommy left in the Garrison, Harry had even left the four of them to lock up.

John and Esmé remained at the bar as they giggled together, acting like they were on their honeymoon, both drunk out of their minds. Whereas Tommy and Lydia were quiet in each other's company as they nursed their whiskeys, sat in the back booth of the pub. 

Tommy had his good arm swung over Lydia's shoulders, allowing her to rest her head on his chest.

"Here it comes - I love you Tommy" Lydia said quietly, keeping her eyes ahead, waiting for his reply.

"And there is goes Lydia, I love you too" Tommy replied and smiled down at the girl in his arms. 

A/N- season two for Lydia and Tommy? Thank you for reading :) 

-rory x