13 - jealousy

Lydia wore her short black flapper dress with high red heels. She applied her usual face of makeup, but with red lipstick and some extra eye makeup, to make her greens stand out. Her dress was a little more revealing than what she had worn before, however, it specifically accentuated her curves and features. Lydia felt quite beautiful in her outfit. 

"Lydia hurry the fuck up will ya!" Tommy shouted from downstairs. He was looking dapper as usual as he waited for her in the kitchen. 

"Coming!" She shouted back. Lydia was careful not to fall in her heels as she took the stairs. 

"Ready?" Lydia asked standing in the doorway looking at Tommy who was smoking his cigarette. 

"Yes." Tommy replied without looking up. His eyes quickly widened as he saw Lydia in her dress.

"Not a chance." Tommy added, shaking his head. 

"What you don't like my dress?" Lydia asked him as she twirled to show him. 

"Change. Now. People won't be able to keep their hands to themselves." Tommy said sternly, he included himself in that statement. 

"No Thomas." She replied, turning around, grabbing her fur coat and heading out the door. Tommy was left dumbfounded and angry. 

"Lydia. Lydia!" Tommy shouted after her as he too left the house. Lydia was walking in the direction of the Garrison when Tommy grabbed her elbow. 

"What the hell are you doing leaving alone dressed like that." Tommy scolded her.

"I can handle myself Thomas, and besides the Garrison is only down the road." Lydia explained as they continued to walk. Tommy simply sighed in defeat. 

Tommy and Lydia opened the doors to the Garrison, the music was booming men were shouting with laughter and women were dancing around. Arthur, John and Polly were stood at the bar together and Tommy and Lydia strutted over. 

John was shouting and laughing disruptively in celebration. Arthur was drinking whiskey from the bottle and Polly was smoking a cigarette very glamorously. 

"Sorry to crash the fun Johnny boy, but some of us actually came here to listen to the music, not you." Lydia said as she approached her best friend, who wrapped his arm around her waist. 

"Sorry sweetheart am I offending you?" John joked. 

"It would take a lot more than a babyface like this to offend me." Lydia quipped back, as she pinched John's cheek. Polly smirked at her remark.

"Come on lads." Tommy said inviting his brothers into the private room. Leaving the women at the bar.

"You look amazing dear." Polly compliments Lydia.

"Thank you Pol, you do too, as always." Lydia replies. 

Polly and Lydia continued to drink together until Polly could barely see straight, meaning she went home and left Lydia to drink alone at the bar. 

"Grace get me another gin and tonic will ya?" Lydia asked the barmaid.

"Tommy was in here the last night." Grace said as she placed the drink in front of Lydia.

"He's in here every night Grace, what's your point?" Lydia asked scowling at the girl.

"Well, last night it was just him and I." Grace said in a deliberate attempt to annoy Lydia. 

"Right and?" Lydia asked.

"Well, we had a moment." Grace said proudly. 

"A moment? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia scoffed.