Luna Ceremony

Aprils' POV

My heart was racing to the point where I thought it would jump out of my chest as I held my hand to shake Mrs. Brock.

She looked me up and down with a blank face. Just as my anxiety was rocketing through the roof, she gave me a wide smile and pulled me into a hug. With a silent breath of relief, I hugged her back with a smile just as wide.

"You better take care of my baby, alright?" She whispered in my ear.
"Is what I intend to do." She held me at arms length, patted my shoulder and said.
"Let's eat, shall we?"

With dinner, came what I was already expecting, but still dreading, the interrogation.

Mrs. Brock asked me all sorts of questions, from my childhood to what I plan for the future. But slowly the subject started to change towards Colby's childhood.

"... and from that day he started wearing all black, with a black beanie and sometimes even eyeliner." Mrs. Brock said, while Mr. Brock and I laughed. We d relocated ourselves from the dinning room to the sofa and love bag in the living room.
" Okay mom, I think that's enough embarrassing stories about me for today." He chuckled. "It's pretty late and tomorrow we have a big day. We should all get to bed."
"Yes, we should get going." Mr. Brock said to his wife.
"You're not staying here?" I asked. After all, we do have a bunch of guest rooms.
"Oh no dear. We have our own room at the pack house." She said already walking to the door.
"Oh alright. Then we'll see you both tomorrow. Good night."

We all said our goodbyes and went our ways. Colby and I were in our bed, getting ready to sleep.

"I think my mom is in love with you." He chuckled.
"She's an amazing woman who raised the men I love, I can just hope that she likes me." I snuggled closer to him. "I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow."
"It's okay to be nervous. I am too. But I'll be right there, by your side all the time." He kissed my head. "Now, let's sleep, your parents will be here really early and we'll have to go pick them up at the airport."

I had definitely not gotten enough sleep when the alarm rang in the morning. After getting ready complaining, we got in the car to go to the airport.

A long car drive after, we arrived at the waiting area. We didn't wait for long, and  just a few moments later I heard mu mom's voice and soon we could see her coming towards us, with dad, alpha Edward, Jasmine, Scott and Jason.

"Oh my baby! I missed you so much." She said while showering me with kisses.
"Calm down mom, it's only been a few days." I said shaking my head but with a smile.
"Still! I am allowed to miss my own daughter." She smiled and moved on to greet Colby.
"Hey honey." My dad hugged me. "How are you?"
"I'm amazing. It is incredible here." I said hi to all the others, and we started to head back.

We arrived home around 9 am, after leaving everyone on the hotel, aside from my mom, and picking up Lydia and Kira.

"Alright, I'm leaving you ladies to it. Kat and Tara are on their way, they'll be here soon." Colby said as we entered the house.
"Where are you going?" I asked going to hug him around the waist.
"To the trap house. The boys are already there and we are gonna get ready together then head first to the pack house to greet all the alphas and lunas that are coming to see the ceremony. I'll see you there at 1 pm, ok?" I nodded. He kissed my head and left.

Not long after, Kat and Tara arrived and we all started getting ready together. Kat and Lydia did my hair, Tara and Kira my makeup, and my mom was my emotional support.

By 12:45 we were all dressed and ready. We started slowly walking towards the pack house, Kat was on my left, reminding me of what I was supposed to do, and my mom was on my right, holding my arm. As we got closer, my hold on her arm got tighter, the butterflies on my stomach were growing stronger. We stopped a few feet away from the door.

"We are going in. Take your time, alright?" Kat said squeezing my hand. I waited for all the girls to go in before turning to my mom.
"Mom, what if I can't do this? Being a luna is a huge responsibility, and I just discovered all of this two weeks ago."
"You can do anything. I've always told you this and I'll say it again, as long as you really want it, you can accomplish anything you put your mind to." I nodded and smiled at her, bringing her in for a hug.
"Okay, I'm ready." I breathed in. "Let's go."

We walked through the house and into the huge backyard, filled with people. All the noise stopped as everyone looked at me. My mom left my side ad Colby surged in the crowd, coming towards me with a huge smile and tears in his eyes.

"You look fantastic babygirl. I'm so lucky."
"And you look deviously handsome." He really did.

He was wearing formal pants and a dress button down shirt that fitted him amazingly well.

He took my hand and started leading us to the little stage where his mom and dad were standing, waiting for us. In the front row I could see my parents, Sam and Kat, Brennen, Lydia and Jason, Kira and Scott, and alpha Edward and Jasmine. I smiled as we stood in the middle on the stage with his parents. His dad then started speaking.

"The last time we were all united like this was in a very special day, my son's alpha ceremony. Now we are gathered again for a just as, if not more, important occasion. The formal introduction and invitation of my sons' mate and this packs' luna into our lives. If anyone has a reason as to why this young lady shouldn't become the luna, speak now." Silence rang again through the crowd. " Then we shall start."

The ceremony was extremely similar to a wedding. I stood side by side with Colby, with his dad in front of us reading a few official things.

"April Valery Simon, do you promise to always do the best thing for this pack?"
"I do"
"Do you promise to fulfill your duties as the luna of the pack?"
"I do"
"Cole Robert Brock, do you accept this woman as you luna and forever partner?"
"I do"
"You will now mark each other to bring life to this bond."

We turned to each other and Colby gave me a reassuring smile. He undid his buttons and leaned a bit forward. I did exactly as Kat said, let Athena take control once my lips were in contact with the place between his neck and shoulder blade.

It was as if I had partially shifted, only my teeth to the point where my bite broke his skin. I felt him tremble and he leaned more into me, gripping my waist with his head on my shoulder and breathing troubled.

A few seconds later he lifted his head, breathing a little better. He took my hair and put it all on the right side. I felt a bit scared.

"Don't be afraid, love." He whispered.

He leaned down, giving me a little kiss as a warning right before he bit into my neck. I gasped, overwhelmed with all the emotions and feelings running through me. It was my turn to lean onto him with my breathing erratic. It definitely wasn't a bad feeling, it was amazing, splendid, spectacular, simply out of this world. As I was getting used to it, I heard.

-How are you feeling?- I looked up into his eyes.
- We can finally use the mind-link- He chuckled and I grinned.

We were smiling and we leaned for a kiss. Suddenly people were applauding and I heard by mind-link multiple people saying.

                      -Welcome to the pack luna-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!! Hope you all like the ceremony. Sorry for taking so long to post!

I hope you are all healthy and doing great! Thank you for reading!!

I love you ❤️❤️