Chapter 1: Perfect little life not so perfect anymore.

April was ready, ready to conquer her senior year with nothing standing in her way. At least she thought so...

She woke up at 8 am, the sun brushing her cheeks with the morning light, combed her hair, put on a light layer of makeup the usual routine. Then made her way to the closet and put on a blue flower printed dress she had picked out a week ago.

The young girl finally made her way to the nearest window; it had rained the night before.

As she presses her nose against the cool surface, her breath fogs up the glass. She had always wondered about raindrops, they were a constant reminder that cloud could also feel.

"April!" her mom yelled out from a distance, cutting her thoughts short.

"Coming!" April yells back, making her way down stairs.

Her parents were making breakfast, on the table, the most wonderful spread.

All three of them sat down and began their day with a few conversations, some jokes and endless laughs. As they got to talking about the new reality TV show that was on, there was a knock at the door.

April quickly dropped her fork and knife, both of them slamming on the plate making the most agonizing sound and rushed to open the door.

There he was his eyes the perfect shade of dark blue, confident and kind. His blond hair as blinding to the eyes as ever, and his jaw perfectly set. Your typical good boy in a boring red hoodie and sweats, Michael, April's boyfriend. The most popular love story at Western high.

He was perfect, too perfect in fact.

"Good morning gorgeous." Michael says softly, gently placing his lips on hers.

"I've missed you." April continues with a smile.

Michael takes her in his arms as a way to tell her he missed her too.

"We should get going, bye mom, bye dad!" April cries out letting her parents know they were leaving for school.

They get in Michael's car and drive off, and like any cringy high school couple, blast songs all the way to school whilst screaming to the tips of their lungs, it was adorable, but terribly cliché.

As they got to school, April's two best friends Jayden and Lexie were passing by.

Jayden was a beautiful redhead with bright skin, curly hair and decided green eyes. Her typical outfit always consisted of a baggy hoodie and a tennis skirt, with her skateboard in hands at all time, some believed she loved it more than she loved anyone for that matter.

On the other hand, Lexie was the eldest, she had failed her sophomore year and repeated it due to family problems she refuses to mention and had to repeat it making her eighteen. She had long dark black hair, clear blue eyes and pale skin, she always wore crop tops and sweats, she was never willing to change it up a little, her choice of dressing was bland but it fitted her.

April had brown silky hair she would always tie up into a messy bun, her eyes were clear and her cherry cheeks were her most noticeable trait. Her entire closet only consist of dresses, wearing dresses according to her made her feel free.

They then got to class, it was extremely loud and everyone was wildly excited about their first day, acting like a bunch of 8 year olds. The teacher began blabbering words, it was the most boring shit April ever had to sit through, she could not wait until it could be over.

Hours and hours were going by and April was on the urge of throwing herself out of the nearest window. Too busy contemplating the teacher's murder, the entire English period had gone by.

At lunchtime in the cafeteria, the girls demanded April to sit with them.

Lexie kept going on and on about her new boyfriend Joshua and the fact that he was everything she had ever hoped for, a healthy relationship was all she had ever wanted, for a while she could never bring herself to trust men again, her past relationships had failed her.

Jayden was not really paying attention, which left all the questions to April.

Too busy texting Mark whom she swears is only a friend and nothing more, everyone knows they are madly in love with each other with neither one of them willing to admit their feelings to one another, which drove April mad. However, it was Jayden's life and April had no control over it.

A few minutes pass, Joshua drops by, brushing Lexie's forehead with a kiss.

"We're all going to this party tomorrow night any of you want to come?" Joshua points out.

"Hell yeah." Jayden replies with no hesitation.

"I'm not sure that's the best idea, I'd rather stay behind." April wasn't the kind of person who enjoyed parties, they were just too loud, she could only ever find peace in silence.

"Come on April , you're always like this, at least give it its fair shot."

"It's not my-"Lexie cuts her off.

"You're coming I don't care, no excuses."

"Fine, I guess I could get Michael to drive me."

___________________________________________________

A night later, April stood perfectly still scanning the dresses in her closet and finally decided on her tight purple dress and matched some black high heels to go with it.

This time Michael rang on the doorbell, April came rushing down the stairs. Her dad was not very happy with the dress she chose but eventually let her go anyway.

"Have fun." April's dad stated.

"Thank you Donald." Michael answered.

The party was loud April's least favorite place to be, but when she found Lexie and Jayden, she blended right in. After a few slow dances shared with Michael, some embarrassing moments with her two friends and a few cocktails April was legitimately having fun.

Her and Michael finally shared dance to the song: "let her go" by Passenger, Michael couldn't take his eyes off his beautiful girlfriend, it was as if he was falling in love with her all over again, helplessly giving in to a powerful kiss the entire party cheered to at the end.

Then, April noticed it was two in the morning, people had started to blackout. She let Michael know she felt it was time to go, Michael agreed and nodded yes.

They got to the car and Michael began driving, gazing at April telling her how lovely she looked tonight which made butterflies catch fire in her stomach every time adding that he was rather dashing himself.

By that time, at night, the highway was clear or at least they thought it was...

Out of nowhere the couple started hearing swooshing car sounds, April took her seatbelt off to check it out, a car behind them started getting closer by the second. For a moment, April froze, but she then managed to scream and point it out to Michael who tried turning as fast as he could.

It was too late; the car had crashed into them. The scene turned black on April's part, all she could see were red and blue lights and all she could hear were loud noises...