Chapter 9

~April's side.

Walking towards the waiting rooms, April immediately spotted Michael from a distance, he was simply sitting there his shaking his foot and cracking his knuckles.

April wanted to avoid all sorts of conversation with that boy so she quickly turned around and began walking away before she could the voice she hated most called at her.

"Hey, April over her!"

Not sure weather she needed to run and pretend she didn't hear a word he said or if she should go up to him and confront his manipulative ass.

Next thing she knew was a hand grabbing her from her shoulder and turning her around. She was now face to face with Michael.

"April, how are you feeling today?" he askes.

April didn't know if it was best to play along and act as if what happened the other night never did, or if she should tell him off, they were in a very public place so he wouldn't even dare lay a hand on her.

"You really got some balls coming back here." April stated raising her tone.

"No need to act tough April, I'm here to talk about it." he lowered his tone and clutched his throat.

"Old me must have been really stupid to ever even think about being with you, God I was pathetic." she said unable to look him in the eyes, terrified of what his expressions might indicate. "And what if I don't want to talk about it?"

"Listen, April-" he tried to sit her down tightening his arm around her waist.

"Don't touch me!" she yells, the entire room began staring at the both of them.

"Okay, okay I won't just calm down." He tried to calm her down by raising both his arms in the air as a sign of peace. "Listen April, I don't know why you're under the impression that I'm trying to hurt you, I would never do that. Hell, I was in love with you! And I think you loved me too."

His eyes were now two buckets of despair, he truly did love April, that part was not a lie.

"Michael, listen and try to understand what I'm trying to tell you, I can't remember anything for fuck's sake!" she told him off.

"I can help you remember, you just have to let me!" his voice began shaking.

"Don't you understand! I don't want your help, I've moved on from all of this." her heart was beating slightly faster realizing what she had just confessed.

"Wait what do you mean you've moved on, there's nothing to move on from if you can't even remember what we had."

"Exactly Michael, you've said it, there's nothing to move on from, so please leave." she wasn't asking.

"Leave? You're funny, I'm not going away until you let me try." he marks his place.

"No need to cause a scene, walk away and forget this ever happened." April tightens her fist.

"Fine I'm leaving, I can't believe this is how you're ending it." And he walks away.

April felt a sort of relief, she had to find Adrian right away, and as she turns around magically bumps right into him.

~Adrian's side.

"Father?" Adrian did not expect to find him there.

"Hello son." he replied as cold as ever.

"What are you doing here, you never visit." his father did in fact never visit, he simply didn't care.

"Well how are you doing first." he didn't intend to ask but he felt it was necessary to.

"Cut the crap what are you actually here for?" Adrian was certain his father had some business up his sleeve.

"Well, since you insist, I don't have much time anyways. I need your signature on some papers and then, I'll be on my way." He clearly didn't give two fucks about his son's life or even his health and even if Adrian put on a strong front he was still heartbroken by his father's actions.

"Why am I not surprised." Adrian whispers to himself.

"What was that son?"

"Nothing father just hand me the papers and show me where I'm supposed to sign." he had gave in.

His father handed him the papers and he signed then then got up and shook his dad's hand, you would imagine a father and son hugging goodbye, but this family was one of its kind.

"It was lovely talking with you son." he exclaimed then left.

Adrian needed some air, but more than anything, he wanted to see April. He headed to the direction he saw her going in and eventually bumped into each other noticing Michael heading out of the building.

"What was that lowlife doing here!" he was about to follow him outside but April managed to stop him.

"Adrian, I handled it, he won't be coming back." She reassured him.

"Fine, but if he ever comes back he'll get way more than a punch to his face this time."

"No need to worry he won't." she needed a hug from Adrian more than anything, so she took him in her arms and as his perfume reached her nostrils and her face rested on his shoulder she wanted nothing more.

April loved that Adrian gave her the space she needed but still felt protective over her it was the perfect balance. He didn't pressure her to tell him anything and he respected her decisions more than anything.

Back in their room, Adrian asked April to wait for him to come back, he claimed he had an errand to run and it wouldn't take him long.

She grabbed a book of his night stand waiting for Adrian o knock on her door.

A while later he cracked the door and asked: "Can I come in?"

April immediately said yes, he came in with a blindfold in hand.

"Do you trust me?" he asked wrapping the soft fabric around her face.

"Always."

She couldn't see anything, her sight was pure black. Adrian led the way. They went up a set of stairs, a very long set of stairs, trying their best to avoid contact with the nurses, then they stopped.

Adrian gently took April's blindfold off.

In front of her bright eyes were lighted candles, a beautiful picnic on the ceramic ground and twinkling gold lights on the plants surrounding the hospital roof. There weren't boring rose petals on the floor he had spread whole tulips all over. The view of the city was extraordinary, it took her a while to take it all in.

"We both had a really long day so I thought that-" Adrian didn't get to finish, April had already wrapped her arms around him and thanked him in a gentle tone...