Chapter 14

"April!" Adrian rushes out of bed petrified, he was still in terrible pain, barely having any feeling in his legs.

The entire scene to him was extremely dim and obscure, his judgment was awfully clouded due to what he was witnessing. April was laying on the ground very still and dreadfully pale.

Adrian was paralyzed, the only thing he remembered doing that night was pressing the emergency button on the side of his bed. He was down on his knees thoroughly numb.

Nurses rushed into the room and instantly began asking the young man question like...

"What happened?"

"Did she hit her head?"

There was a grave ringing in his ears, he could not hear nor speak wholly deaf and mute at once.

The next morning:

Adrian found himself asleep in his own bed, he had woken up thinking what had happened was simply just a horrible nightmare, but April's bed was empty.

Where could she have gone? And why had he left here there like that? And most importantly was she okay?

He did not know the answer to any of these questions.

He finally shook it off, not even bothering to change into a new set of cloths rushes out of the room heading to the nurse's desk.

"I-I'm looking for- Uh April- Aprils Miller." his words as quivering as his body motion.

"Are you a member of April's family?" Adrian nods his head no. "Then I'm sorry I can't release that type of information to none family members."

"But- But I'm her boyfriend, please anything." he begs.

"All I can share with you is that she is getting tested, other than that, I'm sorry." she added and went back to work.

Adrian walked away slowly unsure about what he should do next, back in his room he did not even want to think, he didn't want to think about anything, because if he would only the worst possible scenarios would cram his cerebrum.

At first, he tried to calm himself by taking slow and deep breaths.

1 breath...

2 breaths...

3 brea-

His heart rate was rising as he began to perspire and started panting for air. He could not lose her, he needed to know if she was okay.

In split moments, he has banged the coffee machine off its table to the floor, grabbed the nearest vase and smashed it onto the ground.

His hands were now covered in blood, blood of his own, dripping slowly and consistently on the marbled ground.

Placing his head on his forehead, he kept pacing in circles around the room trying to catch his breath.

How could he let the only person who ever cared about him down?

His eyes now, two waterfalls in action.

When he could finally calm himself down, he asked the nursing staff for towels to clean up the mess he had made, it would help keep him distracted.

After he was done cleaning, he sat himself down and tried to read something, but even his favorite thing, he could not do. He just silently sat there rubbing his fingers staring at the clock.

Tik tok

Tik tok

Tik tok

Hours later April was brought in, in a wheelchair.

"Adrian!" she was both exhilarated and relieved to see him.

The biggest weight was lifted off the boy's shoulders, she was alive and she her and she calling his name.

With no care in the world he walks up to her and hugs her firmly. So firm, she skips a breath.

Behind her were her parents and a doctor shutting the door.

"Young man, would you mind stepping outside so I can talk to the family alone?" she asks, but it wasn't really his decision to make.

Adrian was getting ready to leave, April would fill him in later, he was simply glad she was okay, but April held his hand and pulled him back.

"It's okay Doctor I want him here." April announced.

The doctor began explaining her diagnosis.

"Felling dizzy after a car accident is very normal as well as common. The blood tests we ran didn't show anything abnormal, the nurses have informed me April wasn't resting in her bed as much as we suggested since she's been hanging out with her friends, so in my professional opinion all she needs is rest."

"But she fainted, out of nowhere, shouldn't you be running more tests? An MRI or a Head CT?" Adrian seemed to be watching a lot of medical shows lately.

"Young man, leave the work to the doctors, they know what they're doing." April's dad was not kidding one he said that sharpening his tone.

Both her parents were now staring down at the poor boy, they were only used to Michael and how Michael acted around them. Only if they knew what he had done or what he tried to do...

When everyone left the room, including the parents Adrian grabbed a chair and sat down next to April.

"I was finally the one taking care of you, now this happen, God!" it was her way of apologizing.

"I need to confess, I left you there lying on the ground pale and scared and I did nothing, I froze." it was his way of apologizing as well.

"It's okay Adrian, you were even more scared that I was, I'm okay that's what matters." her tone is warmer.

Adrian let's out a sighs and says.

"Besides I love taking care of you."

April contemplated Adrian's eyes for a long while.

They were her favorite.

He was her favorite.

"I love you forever." she pronounces softly.

"I love you always." he utters back.

With his hand he traces the shadows on her face, he comes closer.

He is so close.

She can smell his perfume, so delicate and sophisticated.

As his face lightened April came up to his own, she could hear his lungs gasping for air. She grabs his shirt as their lips touched intensely.

Then the door was aggressively unlocked...