Chapter 7

They stared at each other with confusion, both their eyes wide scanning the silhouette of one another. Then April rushed to get up as fast as possible.

"I am so sorry, I did not mean for that to happen..." the words escaped her mouth, her cheeks a thousand shades of embarrassment and despair.

"Don't worry about it Ace, you just fell asleep, it happens." he seemed weirdly unbothered.

There was a sort of tension in the room, they weren't speaking to each other at all. The entire embience was bizarre, April scrolling through her phone and Adrian reading again, it almost seemed liked he didn't even have a phone.

So April jumped the gun and yelled out the first thing that she could think of, in hopes of breaking the tension.

"Why do I never see you holding a phone? she asks completely and utterly ripping and dying on the inside of how dumb and cheesy that question was.

"Great question Ace, very creative." he let out a laugh. "You just fell asleep, it does not makes things weird on my end. And to answer your amazing question." Adrian says sarcastically while April peered down at him. "I don't see the use in owning one, never really been a fan of socials, a flip phone to call my dad and some other people works well enough."

"You've got a point." April agrees.

Adrian then left the room to grab a bite to eat. When mentioning his father, his tone was odd. April couldn't help but think about how his father never came by to visit, she didn't want to ask, it would only complicate things.

April was out of bed, fully dresses in a satin yellow dress tightened around her waist and buttoned down to her knees.

She headed to the ICU to check on how Lily's been doing. Lavender was inside laying on a couch asleep covered in a pink blanket, she had spent the night.

Lavender was a really light sleeper and woke up to April's footsteps.

"Hey, how is she doing?" April whispered carefully.

"Better, better, she hasn't woken up yet." Lavender replied letting a yawn out, poor thing she was exhausted.

"I'm glad, she looks so peaceful." April added.

"So what have you been up too, tell me everything, I'm so bored." Lavender begged.

April narrated last night events sparing no details leading up to this morning.

"I told you." Lavender cried.

"Lavender!" April whispered warning her Lily was still asleep.

"I told you! Sorry." she gently lowered her voice this time.

"Told me what?" April defenitaly knew what she meant but she did not want to admit it.

"Oh April, you cannot seriously be so clueless, you two are obviously into one another, stop fighting fate."

"We are so not. We've only just started getting along." April was now the one screaming.

"April!" Lavender whispered.

"Oh sorry."

"You'll realize it sooner or later."

The two girls (well three but Lily was blacked out) spent the rest of the afternoon together, grabbed some food from the cafeteria and lifted each other's spirits mentally.

April then announced it was time for her to go, she was not ready for the surprise awaiting her back in her room I'll tell you that.

She cracked the door slightly open and peaked inside. Adrian was laying perfectly still in his bed and by his side an unbelievably beautiful blond girl gripping his hand firmly and caressing his shoulder. April stood still her eyes as wide her jaw.

Adrian had a girlfriend?

This whole time?

There must be some mistake...

April was simply his friend but she still believed she had a right to know about this.

She was getting ready to walk away her face painted the darkest shade of red until Adrian noticed her and signaled for her to come inside.

"Hi April, my name is Emily, Adrian has told me so much about you!" she says without worry shaking April's hand.

She didn't seem bothered by the idea of her boyfriend living with a female roommate, besides she had nothing to worry about anyway.

"Wow, it's nice to meet you too, Adrian has never mentioned you to me though." April let's out with a dash of sass and confidence.

"I can't say I'm surp-" the blond girl's phone began ringing.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to run sorry." She says kissing Adrian's forehead and then exiting the room very gracefully.

The sun was setting, blue, red, yellow and purple were mixing with the clouds and a cold breeze was escaping the room window.

"So did you like her?" Adrian seemed eugered to know.

"Bases on our two second conversation, she seems- nice." a sentences that came out in it's driest tone.

"You don't seem well, is Lily okay?" worry takes over his expression.

"Yeah, Lily's just fine." April voice cracks up a little.

April was now using the coffee machine.

"Ace what's bothering you?" he walks up to her.

"Nothing, nothing at all." her tone became slightly higher.

"Come on Ace, talk to me!" he had a higher tone as well and was very persistent.

"NOTHING BUT THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN THINK TO TELL ME! I TOTALLY HUMILIATED MYSLEF THERE!" she screams.

"A girlfriend?" Adrian lowered his voice and started putting things together.

"Yeah that blond Emily, who literally walked out of here two minutes ago!" she was still screaming.

"Why? Are you jealous?" he smirks.

"ME? Jealous, oh please as if!" her face was buried in red soil, she definitely seemed jealous.

"ACE... Ace, calm yourself down."

"Fine, you want me to calm down? I'm calm, what do you have to say for yourself?" she crossed both her arms.

"First of all, that blond is my sister." He declared.

"Your sister? You have a sister?" April began to actually calm down now.

"Yeah my sister and two you were so jealous right now." He laughs.

April's redness darkened, she had never felt such humiliation before.

"Oh my god, I'm even more embarrasses I should have known, I shouldn't have jumped-"

Adrian cuts her off.

"Hey, hey, calm down April."

He then grabs her elbow and pulls her closer to him.

"What are you doing?" April pulls back.

"Would you just stand still?" he smirks.

And goes in for a kiss...