Chapter 12

"Wow, no need to get aggressive there love." Joshua says sarcastically.

"You really think you're something, showing up here like this." April was disgusted, the great and utter desire of murder was consuming her entire being. "The person that used to be your girlfriend, who was there for you and cared is in there fighting for her life and all you seem to care about is your presumed fucking ego."

"Listen sweetheart, your friend in there deserved every bit of it, I'm only to put on a fake supportive boyfriend act, now if you could run along and leave me be." his words cut deeper than a dagger crashing into one's soul, another slap aggressively came across his face.

He took April by the elbow and pressed on it firmly.

"I tried to be nice to you, I really did, but this is your last warning." he murmured in her ear.

"And to think I thought you were a decent human being." replied April kicking him right in the balls.

While Joshua was moaning in pain, April took advantage of the situation by making a safe exit, remembering she had left Adrian all alone in their room.

She proceeded to sprint there to check up on him. And there he laid in the same position, the book April bought him in hand.

"Adrian you wouldn't believe what just happened." April came in out of breath.

"You seem panicked what's happened?" the worry in her expressions were extremely noticeable.

"Where do I begin?!" she kept walking around the room.

"Ace calm down and sit, tell me everything." he says calmly to reassure her.

"Well, Lexie's in the OR apparently, Joshua cheated on her and I kicked him in the balls." Adrian had no clue who Joshua was, he had learned about Lexie, but never Joshua.

"Who the hell is Joshua?" he asks.

"What used to be Lex's boyfriend and I kicked him in the balls, I kicked a man in the balls." April was on the verge of having a nervous breakdown.

"I guess you did, how can I help?" he always offered help no matter the situation, no questions asked he didn't even wonder what happened to Lexie, his first instinct was to help.

"We really can't do much, we just have to sit here and pray she makes it." April knew the feeling, wondering behind those doors.

Lily.

Adrian.

She knew.

"So that guy Joshua really cheated on his girlfriend." He raised his tone making sure he was being heard.

"Yeah don't get any ideas, if you ever do that to me I'm adding you to my murder list."

"I couldn't even if I wanted to, bed rest." Adrian chuckles.

April did not hesitate grabbing the nearest pillow and crashed it right onto his striking face.

"You really think you're funny." she grins.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding, just trying to lighten up the mood."

Adrian moves aside allowing April to crawl up next to him and lay there closing both her crystal blue eyes shut.

"Wake me up if I fall asleep." she asks of Adrian barely awake anymore, she was exhausted.

He then proceeded to nod his head and fi his posture, April was already sound asleep.

Adrian couldn't help but look steadily and intently at April in admiration she looked comfortable and he could not bring himself to wake her up, she was knackered and she deserved rest.

A day later, the sky was letting out its sadness upon the world letting everyone know it had been hurt. The weather was as horrifying as Lexie's condition.

April and Jayden had heard the bad new from their dear friend's parents.

Lexie was suffering from 3 degree burns and was in deep and horrible pain, she had to stay in the hospital for a long period of time so they can begin pealing of the burnt skin on her body in order to find new skin.

"They have to peal of her skin, are they mentally ill!" Jayden exclaims.

They could not check up on Lexie for a few hours so April suggested they go and rest in her room.

As they walk inside Jayden lays eyes on a certain brunette laying down in his bed covered in white satin and cotton covers.

Jayden's jaw drops, April notices immediately and explains.

"Okay Jayden so, this is Adrian... my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend! Nice one April, like you could pull all of that." Jayden's comment was rather insulting.

"Well, thank you I'm flattered and yes she certainly did." Adrian rushes to answer.

"Oh wow, you're really not kidding congrats April!" she hugged her and went straight up to Adrian.

"So Adrian is it?" she asked knowing the answer, but her goal was to scare him.

"Yes ma'm?" Adrian was demented.

"So what are your intentions here, really?" Jayden's tone stif

"So what are your intentions here, really?" Jayden's tone stiffened.

"Jayden seriously?" April believed it was unlike her, Lexie would be the kind to have this conversation.

"Nah I'm just playing with you, it's nice to meet you April's boyfriend."

"It's Adrian." he makes sure she knows.

"Yeah, yeah I know whatever." she replies unbothered.

April walks up to Adrian sitting down on his bed as Jayden was grabbing a chair to join the both of them.

"I don't think she likes me." Adrian mumbles in April's ear.

"Don't worry, she's lie that sometimes."

A few hours later, Lexie's parents knocked on their door and informed them they could go in and see her now...