Chapter 21

Lexie's side:

Lexie was conflicted, it had been 2 days since her first kiss with Christopher, they had been hiding their relationship very well and honestly it was much more thrilling this way, the high and the rush of everything felt exhilarating. Lexie though she still had her worries, she, on one hand, had nothing to loose but Christopher on the other one had his entire career riding on this, she felt like she had pushed him too hard, but it was too late to back out now. 

Christopher came into the room, one hand behind his back.

" Good morning beautiful." Christopher yelled out.

" Keep your voice down, are you trying to get us caught?" Lexie whispered.

" Sorry, sorry, I got you something though!" he smirked.

" Ouu, what is it, show me! Show me!" Lexie jumped and sat up.

Christopher handed her a large box which she opened, inside the most beautiful rose gold necklace shaped like a heart beat.

" I'm not going to get all cheesy and tell you that you make my heart beat and that type of shit because you would never stop making fun of me-" Lexie cut him off...

" Chris, no, I love it! Thank you." she caressed his shoulder and gave him a kiss, Lexie then tried to speak again but the door had slammed open, Christopher jumped off the bed and landed directly onto the crash cart, Lexie was dead laughing at him. It was Lexie's plastic surgeon, who was there for Lexie's daily dose of pain, she had gotten used to it though and with Christopher there it was much easier.

When that painful process was over, the surgeon left and asked Christopher to come with him.

Lexie was now there sitting alone in her bed admiring the necklace her boyfriend had gifted her, she couldn't wait to get out of there so they could be free of all this pressure. She decided to grab her laptop and catch up on her " Brooklyn 99" to relieve some anxiety.

 She was half through one of the Halloween episodes, when someone knocked on her door. It was Jayden, she was in terrible shape and you could tell she hadn't slept in days, the eye bags under her eyes spoke for themselves.

" Oh my god, Jayden hi." Lexie tried to get out of bed, but Jayden rushed to her and told her to sit down.

" I called, so many times, J I'm so sorry, I should have been there, I've been stuck here for ages, I miss you." Lexie mumbled.

Jayden without saying anything rushed to hug, she held on to her so tight, to a point where Lexie couldn't breath, but she wasn't complaining, seeing Jayden again was such a relief. They sat down and asked for April to come in, minutes later, April was rolled into the room by none other than Adrian, both with blue hair. Jayden and Lexie couldn't help themselves they  and busted out laughing at the couple.

" It was a quick decision you guys, besides I don't hate it." April shoot back with pride.

Adrian went outside and waited, to give the girls their privacy.

" So J, how are you, I'm so sorry about what happened." April held Jayden's hand.

" Well honestly, at first it sucked, I tried pushing everyone away including you guys and Mark, but then I realized that the only thing that I needed was to talk about everything and I did with my mom, I still replay the moment where the doctor announced the news to us in my head everyday, but it has gotten better." Jayden said and then let out a sigh.

" Well honey, we're always there for you, whether you want it or not, we love you and we're helping you through everything I promise." Lexie tried reassuring her friend.